DVDVR Message Board

NXT - 2021

Dolfan in NYC

On 9/7/2021 at 5:21 PM, Curt McGirt said:

So who's Dolin? Or is she just riffing on "GG Allin" period? 

Dolin has to be some sort of hideous blending of Darby / Allin with an "o" thrown in there to fuck with you.  Gigi obviously = G.G.

If you told me a year ago that Cameron Grimes would be one of the most over babyfaces in the company, I'd have called you an idiot.  He's also doing it while running a rich guy gimmick which is usually reserved for heels.

Reportedly NXT will have more characters and use a scaled down version of main rosters tv set. 

Triple H and his team are still in charge of NXT. But as I said elsewhere not fully in charge of hiring talents anymore. 

2 hours ago, username said:

Joe missed what, 18 months due to getting a pair of concussions in a short period of time, wrestles once and is out again. I hate to say it, but this might be it if it is a concussion again.

I thought his injury was knee related.

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

I thought his injury was knee related.

He had a knee injury at some point when he was on the main roster, but it was concussion symptoms that kept him on the sideline the last 12+ months of his main roster run.

he says in the video they he’s going to be out a short, but indeterminate amount of time, but that sounds a little like wishful thinking If it is concussion-related.  

If we are to assume that the #1 contenders 4 way match will now be a title match,  I think it is about 95% sure that LA Knight will be the new champion.  He is definitely the kind of guy that Vince would give a long run as a title 

Edited by hammerva

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

If we are to assume that the #1 contenders 4 way match will now be a title match,  I think it is about 95% sure that LA Knight will be the new champion.  He is definitely the kind of guy that Vince would give a long run as a title 

Regal just announced the 4 way is indeed for the title now. 

All the splattery neon in the preview for tomorrow is making me think NXT In Your House. Hey, they already used it again once, and it'd go better with the new look than Takeover right?

EDIT: Those were big primary colors though... hmmm. Now I'm thinking it's funny that In Your House WASN'T all neon colored (AKA the official color tone of the early 1990s). 

Edited by Curt McGirt