Dolfan in NYC

Here's the rest of Malcolm's Mike Awesome shirt

Spoiler

Mike Awesome Pro Wrestling T-Shirt For Sale - Inspireclion.com

(God, that's a huge image)

It's not nearly as cool as this one

Spoiler

Mike Awesome T-Shirts | Redbubble

BTW, has anyone ordered anything from Redbubble before? They've got some posters I wanna grab off there. Matter of fact, apparently it's the only place I can find to buy music posters anymore that doesn't completely blow. When did freakin POSTERS become an endangered species?!

Yeah, I've ordered a few shirts from them over the years.  They've always been quite good quality and generally worth the cost.  

They'll also run sales periodically, so that's a plus. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

BTW, has anyone ordered anything from Redbubble before? They've got some posters I wanna grab off there. Matter of fact, apparently it's the only place I can find to buy music posters anymore that doesn't completely blow. When did freakin POSTERS become an endangered species?!

It really depends on what you find though there's a huge selection.  The main downside to it is it's so easy to steal somebody's design and sell it as your own.  Probably doesn't matter for lots of things but for artists it's been a huge issue.  Heck, even wrestling shirts I bet if it's initially sold by a particular website.

But that said before finding all that out I did order a couple things from them.  Like Dolfan said they're generally good so you should be okay.

• Like 1

NXT is taping at least over the next month ahead of time with the time off to upgrade the Performance Center. The relationship with Full Sail University is over and this is now the long-term home of the show. The angle with Samoa Joe and Karrion Kross tearing up the place was the storyline reason for the refurbishing. The plexiglass may be gone as WWE sent a survey out to fans asking if they like ir or don’t. The belief is that on television, the show looks too dark, so the idea is to make the studio brighter with more lights and more colorful looking. From a creative standpoint, the show is supposed to give the wrestling students and prospects more television time and less time to the experienced veterans and strong workers, which is a seismic shift in the goal of attempting to present the best wrestling show possible to being a developmental television show. That is the doctrine but how it plays out remains to be seen, but they do want the concept to be closer to the 2015 version of NXT.

From the new WON

The plexiglass may be gone as WWE sent a survey out to fans asking if they like ir or don’t. The belief is that on television, the show looks too dark, so the idea is to make the studio brighter with more lights and more colorful looking. 

They're not wrong.  Between the plexiglass, the set design, and everyone in attendance wearing masks, the performance center gives off a Max Max Beyond Thunderdome vibe - minus the charm.

Will miss Full Sail.  Was a decent setup for the C brand.  Going back to the PC makes the show feel less important to me (granted, there's a reason for that: the show is less important now).

From a creative standpoint, the show is supposed to give the wrestling students and prospects more television time and less time to the experienced veterans and strong workers, which is a seismic shift in the goal of attempting to present the best wrestling show possible to being a developmental television show. That is the doctrine but how it plays out remains to be seen, but they do want the concept to be closer to the 2015 version of NXT.

I'm not a huge fan of the current NXT roster - it's been a while since Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly were 'must see' tv for me - but if the alternative is more time for the Trey Baxters and Tyler Rusts of the roster, I'm out.

I have a fair bit of Ohio Valley and FCW footage, and most of it is quite watchable, but I have low expectations for the new look NXT.  Wonder how USA feels? 

19 hours ago, Eoae said:

I'm not a huge fan of the current NXT roster - it's been a while since Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly were 'must see' tv for me - but if the alternative is more time for the Trey Baxters and Tyler Rusts of the roster, I'm out.

I know it doesn't exactly solve the problem, but you don't have to worry about Tyler Rust taking up ANY time on tv anymore.

• Thanks 1

Expect a complete revamp for NXT, led by Triple H, Paul Levesque, one of the architects of the original NXT.

Everything's going to change in the next couple of weeks, a whole new look, a whole new feel. They want athletes and people from other backgrounds, so they can train them from the ground up. Also they will mostly be moving away from hiring new male indy talent.

Some people hired will be sent to the PC.

Anyway lot of wrestlers from the 90's to below came from different sports or entertainment backgrounds. 

Edited by D.Z

NXT gained steam and popularity when the formula was new characters in developmental sprinkled in with vets, but especially vets attempting new pr tweaked versions of their characters (even with new names.)

That version of NXT was a blast. It gave us awesome stuff like Champion Bo Dallas, Sami Zayn’s moral quandary, The Revival, and , of course, actual women’s wrestling. 

I loved seeing The Wyatts and Enzo and Cass and Velveteen Dream and Baron Corbin find their sea legs and characters. Or Bobby Roode doing a modern day rich snob heel. Or all kinds of other awesome moments that are too numerous to name.

NXT becoming Indie WWE is way less fun. Like... infinitely less fun. It is just easy. Guys like Adam Cole and etc. came in as ready made characters who were already over and did not have to work to get their spots or find their characters.

There are some things with NXT I do like right now. Cameron Grimes and LA Knight is absolutely my thing. The Way and Index is perfect wrestling nonsense. (And kudos to Johnny Gargano and Candace for leaning into good all comedy and reinventing themselves.) Hit Row (unfinished products finding their voice) is pretty friggin’ awesome so far.

That was peak NXT, and I would be absolutely fine with a version of that then the “indie star arrives NOW!” of the past bunch of years.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, D.Z said:

Anyway lot of wrestlers from the 90's to below came from different sports or entertainment backgrounds. 

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, but other than Goldberg, everyone that led the boom in the late 90s was a serious lifelong wrestler who had been in the business for years honing their craft. Even The Rock spent a little time in Memphis and had a bombed midcard run he had to learn from and he was a young prodigy.

• Like 1

NXT news about their future from PWI, also contains taping spoliers

Spoiler

Kay Lee Ray is on the WWE NXT roster full-time going forward and will be residing in the United States, PWInsider.com has confirmed.  This is not meant to be a short run and then she's back to NXT UK.  She has been at the WWE PC working out since the first week of August, as we reported at the time.

With Adam Cole and Karrion Kross gone, we are told the current plan is for Johnny Gargano to be positioned as the top heel for the brand.  We are told Pete Dunne and Roderick Strong will also be main players on the heel side of things.

Numerous WWE sources have reached out to PWInsider.com over the last 24 hours to relay that reports that the company's relationship with Full Sail University has ended are incorrect.  There are no plans to tape at Full Sail as long as the pandemic continues, but the door is open to return down the line when restrictions ease up.  There are still FSU students who are regularly working all aspects of WWE NXT tapings.

There was a LOT of talk coming out of his insane match at Takeover 36 that WALTER needs to be on WWE NXT proper on a consistent basis.  Whether that happens or not, time will tell.

This week's tapings will all be building to a big segment for Indi Hartwell and Dexter Lumis on the next live episode of WWE NXT on 9/14.   

There will be a return from injury on tonight's episode as well.

KUSHIDA did not work last night's taping.

On Wrestling Observer Live during a discussion about this week’s episode of NXT and the impending changes to the overall product, Bryan Alvarez said that he has heard from people in WWE who are telling him that the new NXT will be produced by Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard.

Alvarez said, “Like anything, anything can change, anything is possible but I talked a while ago about how we’re gonna have a new NXT. It’s gonna be like the old NXT. I have heard from several people now that when they go back to live shows, this is going to be a Vince McMahon-Bruce Prichard production.”

As previously noted, the plan is for a complete overhaul of the brand. Last Friday, they introduced a new logo with music provided by Wale. When they go live on September 14, fans will see a new Performance Center, and NXT is expected to have different lighting and colors because McMahon wanted to get away from the dark look. The other big change on the show will be with the talent. The plan is to sign younger talent and fewer names from the independent scene.

Alvarez said that people have speculated for years that McMahon had his fingerprints on the show but that was never the case but it will be the case going forward.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/report-wwe-nxt-will-be-produced-by-vince-mcmahon-and-bruce-prichard/

??

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/2/2021 at 11:21 AM, D.Z said:

The new NXT logo is reportedly Dunns idea.

Vince and Bruce may only have limited producer roles while focusing more on the big "picture" branding which is both direction and marketing. 

Vince-McMahon-Bruce-Prichard-WWE-NXT.jpg

They went from the black & gold brand to rainbow sherbet 

• Like 1

They have announced the Bachelor and Bachelorette partys will be on this Tuesday's shows

Based on social media

The bachelor party featured Lumis, Johnny Gargano, Cameron Grimes, Odyssey Jones, and Drake Maverick, while Indi Hartwell, Candice LeRae, Kayden Carter, Kacy Catanzaro, and McKenzie Mitchell were present for the bachelorette party.