DVDVR Message Board

NXT - 2021

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am only seeing this now.

I hate how much I am entertained by this

The fact that NXT creative was like "How do we revive Austin after being in the Speaking Out movement? Let's make his character a complete idiot!" and it's somehow working is something.

Bron Steiner. It really isn't fair. Sounds like a final boss in a video game. 

It's too bad they already have Braun Strowman which means they'll probably give him a totally different name that sucks.

EDIT: Or yeah Bronson Reed, sorry Shartnado I somehow only read the last half of your post haha

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

On NXT-UK, they're running an angle where Sewage Treatment wants a shot at the Cruiserweight title, so he's trying to get in shape and drop the exgtra 30 pounds. Can't be easy for him at his age, mind.

9 hours ago, AxB said:

On NXT-UK, they're running an angle where Sewage Treatment wants a shot at the Cruiserweight title, so he's trying to get in shape and drop the exgtra 30 pounds. Can't be easy for him at his age, mind.

Although, I'll be damned if he really weighed 235lbs at the time of the promo when he said he'd get under 205 lbs. I think he was well on his way, at the time.

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

@AxB.

Also, for some people, isolation seems to agree with, just fine! Now Pete, if you can still pass a urine test, you can be REALLY proud of yourself!

The Network is showing a Takeover on Thursday April 8th as an incentive not to cancel if you go to the cancellation screen. Makes sense in the overall picture, a last minute test for an exclusive Peacock PPV. But man Wrestlemania week(s) is gonna be just way overkill this year.

Mon April 5th   |  Raw go home show
Wed April 7th   |  NXT go home show
Thu April 8th    |  NXT Takeover
Fri April 9th      |  Smackdown go home show
Sat April 10th   |  Wrestlemania Night 1
Sun April 11th   |  Wrestlemania Night 2
Mon April 12th  | Raw after Wrestlemania
Tue April 13th   |  NXT after Takeover **(rumored Tuesday night move starts here)**
Fri April 16th     |  Smackdown after Wrestlemania

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips

PWInsider is reporting that WWE is mulling over a decision on holding a two-night NXT TakeOver on the Wednesday and Thursday prior to this year's WrestleMania.

If the plan comes to be, that would give WWE six straight days of programming between Wednesday and Monday with two nights of NXT, SmackDown, two nights of WrestleMania and Raw.

The PWInsider report said the first night of TakeOver would be on USA, its final one on Wednesday night, with the second night available on the WWE Network. At that point, it's believed the Network will be available on the Peacock streaming service.

On the surface that sounds like a good idea.  But it makes me wonder if the point of the tag titles was to be defended on all three brands then creating one for NXT unintentionally gives the impression that they're not worth challenging for the main titles.  I'm sure this week's episode gives some reason for it but something about that just doesn't seem right to me.

32 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

On the surface that sounds like a good idea.  But it makes me wonder if the point of the tag titles was to be defended on all three brands then creating one for NXT unintentionally gives the impression that they're not worth challenging for the main titles.  I'm sure this week's episode gives some reason for it but something about that just doesn't seem right to me.

Raquel & Dakota were kind of screwed out of the titles this week. The reason its happening is probably a case of Vince having a death grip on the titles despite the shitty booking he does of them on the main roster. Meanwhile NXT's women's division is the strongest division in the company and has the talent to pull it off. 

How far away are we from Raw & Smackdown having their own Women's Tag Titles? Neither taking a stance for or against that by the way. Just find it interesting WWE is INCAPABLE of booking floating titles. Couldn't make it work for The Undisputed Title, can't make the Women's Tag Titles work now. Just separate everything entirely and get it over with.

I think the Woman's Tag Titles on RAW kinda works because they have the extra hour. 

Yeah you could argue that NXT only has two hours as well, but that's less significant because the booking isn't based on necessarily having all the same people on TV every week (plus the CW Title is basically a prop for Escobar anyway).

Pete Dunne reappeared 4 months ago looking a lot leaner anyway. There's always tricks abound with these before and after shots (e.g. water weight), but I'm not really sure that he actually benefits from being borderline shredded anyway. Doesn't have any pecs to speak of either.

8 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Pete Dunne reappeared 4 months ago looking a lot leaner anyway. There's always tricks abound with these before and after shots (e.g. water weight), but I'm not really sure that he actually benefits from being borderline shredded anyway. Doesn't have any pecs to speak of either.

If you go by the before picture, his "after" photo pecs seem fine to me in comparison. It's not like he's going to have Big E's boobies no matter what he does. Either way, Dunne is an interesting case to me, since we are pretty similar in stature. I doubt he weighs 200 lbs at this point. He has a couple of inches on me.

I'm fully with you on the fact that these photos have certain tricks to them, I know, because I wouldn't be caught dead sharing a photo without using them. I do find it a bit suspect how fast (relatively speaking) this transformation took place. The vascularity in his arms looks abnormal (which basically just means I can't get mine to look like that, ever), but what he has attained is within natural bounds, I'm just not sure if it can be achieved in 8 months?

• Like 1