DVDVR Message Board

NXT - 2021

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

just catching up.  i really like the fight pit concept.  it looks cool.  i liked both of them so far.  probably needs a little blood to take it to the next level. 

I do as well. Need people with the style to make it. Daniel Bryan and Cesaro would, no doubt

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Agreed. Guys who are brawlers or technician/submission grapplers.  I'd like to see Lashley in there too. 

Agreed. Lashley's a good shout. Brock would be great if he puts a shift in. Like how we're deliberately ignoring the flip flops fella.

Caught Shotzi/Ember vs. Shaffir/Stark from 205Live last week. That was so much damn better than the The Way's 205Live match was. Shaffir still has some issues, but there really isn't a reason for to not be on NXT regularly tv right now. Same for Stark who looked even better. Their team was random, but they worked well together. As did Ember & Shotzi. Kind of hope both teams stick around past the tournament.

Catching up on NXT and 205 Live for Takeover and maybe I wasn't paying that much attention to his indie days but Curt Stallion as the country boy seems strange.  I guess because he is an actual Texan.   he is definitely an odd one from watching some of his shoots/roundtables and if they let his personality come out he should be very popular or very hated.  Never mind how good he is in the ring 

Edited by hammerva

On 2/11/2021 at 10:48 AM, hammerva said:

Catching up on NXT and 205 Live for Takeover and maybe I wasn't paying that much attention to his indie days but Curt Stallion as the country boy seems strange.  I guess because he is an actual Texan.   he is definitely an odd one from watching some of his shoots/roundtables and if they let his personality come out he should be very popular or very hated.  Never mind how good he is in the ring 

It’s like a McConaughey gimmick right?

7 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

The Escobar/Kross thing seems so pointless to me, why would he even be interested in Escobar? Especially after his mini confrontation with Edge? Shouldn’t he be more interested in Balor/Dunne/Cole?

Escobar dissed on Kross in a promo back in January. Kross is simply responding to that. Kross and Scarlett have also made it obvious multiple times they are biding their time for Kross to take back the belt.

• Like 1

It appears according to Fightful that NXT is filming a second show with a more "fight pit" feel to it hosted by Josiah Williams tentatively called "NXT Evolve" (or "NXT Underground").  

This might be the Sapolsky project mentioned a few weeks ago. 

20 hours ago, Eivion said:

Escobar dissed on Kross in a promo back in January. Kross is simply responding to that. Kross and Scarlett have also made it obvious multiple times they are biding their time for Kross to take back the belt.

My gut is that this is the start of Escobar being moved out of the cruiserweight scene.