DVDVR Message Board

NXT - 2021

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

EsL__vsXUAI70WZ?format=jpg&name=large

Feels weird that they don't have Shaffir teaming with Duke. Also kind of surprised they didn't use more of the PC women to make a full 16. I think they have enough even with injuries. New signings happening for it is a surprise as well. I always figured PK would eventually go to AEW since she and Darby still have a good relationship and that would allow her to do whatever extracurricular stuff she wanted to do on the side. 

On 1/20/2021 at 11:44 AM, JonnyLaw said:

I wonder if Gigi Dolin is a reference to GG Allin... or any one else inspired by him.

Well given that her and new Elayna Black character is coming out out to almost a dead ringer of Marilyn Manson Sweet Dreams it is obviously based somewhat on it

Which is a perfect song given their characters

On 1/21/2021 at 8:54 AM, RIPPA said:

The video was posted in the show thread - but it appears they have put together Ciampa/Thatcher as a team and put them in the Dusty

It's WWE.  Of course they're going to team.  LOL, the company couldn't help itself and did two "tag partners who hate each other" angles in the same show.

I'll be a little surprised if Ciampa/Thatcher don't win the tourney.

Edited by Eoae

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

It's WWE.  Of course they're going to team.  LOL, the company couldn't help itself and did two "tag partners who hate each other" angles in the same show.

I wouldn't quite call a partners who hate each other scenario as they seemed to be pushing the idea that the two have found a real respect for each other after the Fight Pit.

What is the other team puling this angle? 

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I wouldn't quite call a partners who hate each other scenario as they seemed to be pushing the idea that the two have found a real respect for each other after the Fight Pit.

What is the other team puling this angle? 

Balor was told to find a partner to take on the brits so he confronted UE and told them they owed him for saving O’Reilly last week.   Balor and O’Reilly are teaming next week.

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Isn't the Drake/Dain thing also the unlikely partners trope? 

Yeah, it started with Dain beating Drake up in a match, then Drake doing a run-in to save Dain from a UE beatdown.  From there, they started teaming together but Dain would belittle Drake, beat on him after the match, and use him as a club during the match (basically, "I can beat this guy up but you can't" booking).  Since then, they've gradually developed mutual respect. 

On 1/23/2021 at 12:46 PM, Eoae said:

I'll be a little surprised if Ciampa/Thatcher don't win the tourney.

It wouldn’t be a Dusty Classic without a thrown together team going far.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

It wouldn’t be a Dusty Classic without a thrown together team going far.

I looked it up, and three of the five champs have been thrown together teams, four if you count Cole/KOR. Two of the five losing finalists have also been thrown together.

AoP are the only real team to ever win the tournament. That was also the only finals with two real teams involved.

Caught 205Live.

Jade/Gigi vs. Candice/Indi wasn't much. Nothing quite actively bad but no one had any particularly decent chemistry going on either. Jade easily was the worst looking person in the match.

Ciampa/Thatcher vs. Neese/Daivari was decent. Never been a fan of Neese or Daivari, but they work well together. Thatcher & Ciampa aren't showing much yet, but they are also doing a clear don;t quite truest each other type of thing even if the respect is there. 

Drake/Dain vs. Stallion/Grey from last week was so much better than either of these two matches.