DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Pistons/Mavs postponed, but not because of Covid. Too much snow in Dallas

That and the electricity may or may not be on the entire game...

OKC rightfully threw a shitfit when they were told to limit their electricity use and the Thunder got all systems go for a shit game...that THEY LOST.  

I'm told to use as little electricity as possible.  But lighting up Chesapeake Arena for your team to get their ass kicked...that's PRIORITY.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Jiji said:

His stat line didn't make sense with how high of a percentage he shot. Hopefully that is the beginning of a run for him. 

His 84% is 2nd all time in a 50 point game (shot clock era) behind Wilt Chamberlain

Meanwhile - New Orleans lead by 11 starting the 4th quarter

They lost by 18

That is reportedly the biggest loss by a team leading by double digits going into the 4th quarter in the shot clock era

In said 4th Quarter - Chris Paul helped the Suns rally by having 15 points and 19! assists. He played less than 10 minutes in the quarter

• Like 1

Horseshit call on Kawhi at the end but still, what a great defensive turnaround for the Nets the past week or so. They were historically bad and now they're... pretty good defensively. This is all without KD btw. I thought it would take a year for them to work this shit out but right now they look legit and the team to beat in the East. 

What's going on with the Bucks? Lopez isn't at his best but nobody is right now. 

Edit: and i see they are stomping the Kings rn.

Edited by Jiji

If anyone remembers, a few months ago I was talking up Clayton Crawley's youtube "Making the Case" videos for best player ever. If you didn't check those out yet, I highly recommend them. Anyway...

He announced Sunday he's starting a new series on Best Team Ever.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The T-Wolves hired Chris Finch to replace Saunders. Finch had been an assistant in Toronto

It will be the first time an assistant on one team because HC for another team mid season since 2009 (When Memphis hired Lionel Hollins)

Apparently Gersson Rosas (Minnesota's Pres of Basketball Ops) didn't want to go the interim route because he thought that would be a waste of development time

Lakers circling already. Marc Gasol had some of the best defensive numbers in Toronto but he looks in less-than stellar shape and cannot protect the paint for the life of him. Cousins probably isn't the answer at this stage but he'd be an upgrade on Gasol.