DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

New Orleans' Lonzo Ball and Dallas' Josh Richardson will not sign extensions before the deadline and become restricted and unrestricted free agents, respectively.

Luke Kennard signed a 4yr/$64M extension and I still don't know which one is him and which is Luke Kornet.

I can already tell this season is going to be exhausting.

Anyway, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins are missing the season opener because of Covid tracing protocols. I wonder who they could have been exposed to...

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I can already tell this season is going to be exhausting.

Anyway, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins are missing the season opener because of Covid tracing protocols. I wonder who they could have been exposed to...

this_is_fine.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

EDIT: Nevermind, looked up the answer to my question. 

But I wouldn't mind seeing Wizards take the East but I'd need to see what changed from last season to believe that. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

A) like the other leagues - players didn’t want to be in a bubble for 6 months

b) they think they can translate what they learned in the bubbles to each city (ie: players will follow protocols). We have already seen this is comically wrong

c) they want fans back ASAP 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

A) like the other leagues - players didn’t want to be in a bubble for 6 months

b) they think they can translate what they learned in the bubbles to each city (ie: players will follow protocols). We have already seen this is comically wrong

c) they want fans back ASAP 

Yeah, I Googled that after posting it. I get why players had issues with it and it makes sense. But your second point is going to be something to think about throughout the season.

What can anyone realistically do against the Lakers if Bron and AD are both playing well?  I'm not even sure a healthy KP would have made too much of a difference for Dallas last night.  Our bigs suck. Powell and Cauley-Stein are just voids when it comes to anything other than rolling to the rim.  I'm not overreacting to this game, but man, Rick has to figure some shit out.

The Lakers potentially are more vulnerable on the defensive end than they were last year, especially if Gasol continues to look like he's no longer capable of sliding his feet.

But I have no fucking idea how you would go about defending them if LeBron and AD are healthy and fully engaged, and a couple other guys play halfway decently.

God I hope Curry doesn't goldbrick another injury and sits out the whole season again.  I like him getting exposed. 

Harden and Wood look like the real deal.  Just imagine if they didn't have six of their top guys sitting out a week for getting a haircut.

And for a disgruntled guy, 44 points and 17 assists sure says otherwise.  He's staying.