DVDVR Message Board

November 2013 NHL Thread

sabremike

The Florida Panthers fucking suck. The bullshit ramshackle defense they assembled leaves the goalies out to dry every fucking night and unfortunately they're not the 80's Oilers or early 90's Penguins and have roughly 3 offensive players that are competent.

I hope the Panthers do acquiesce to the shitty fucking Panther fans that populate HFboards and bail on Markstrom. I'd like to see him play and grow behind a competent team that didn't assemble the majority of their defense from shit floating at the top of the bowl. Markstrom and Kulkov (the 2 whipping boys on HF) both deserve to be freed to good, loving homes where fans will love and cheer for them.

The only remotely positive thing I can say about this game is that Scottie Upshall upped his trade value from "cleared waivers" to "conditional 7th round draft pick".

If Kevin Dineen isn't fired shortly after this game I'm going to be as angry as I've ever been as a Panther fan. When it takes a miracle comeback to force overtime against fucking Edmonton it's time for a change. Peter Laviolette is a good coach and he's seemingly available why the fuck is Kevin Dineen still employed?

That was an ugly ass game. Mason is great, but I seriously hate the rest of the Flyers.

Was Giroux a flash in the pan or is he hurt?

The Canes sucked tonight. It was nice seeing the Staals combine for a goal and Murphy and Faulk are going to be great defensemen. Justin Peters is the drizzling shits, however.

I think the past 3 seasons averaging out to over a point per game for Giroux makes the phrase "flash in the pan" fairly ridiculous after 14 games. That said I have no explanations for this Flyers team. I didn't like all their offseason moves and didn't expect them to be a true contender this season, but I certainly expected a hell of a lot more than this. Watching this season thus far feels like playing a fighting video game against a friend who you know is about as good or slightly better than you, and he just obliterates you all night long, to the point you can only throw up your hands and say "I have no fucking clue."

If Kevin Dineen isn't fired shortly after this game I'm going to be as angry as I've ever been as a Panther fan. When it takes a miracle comeback to force overtime against fucking Edmonton it's time for a change. Peter Laviolette is a good coach and he's seemingly available why the fuck is Kevin Dineen still employed?

Fuck you with a barbed wire dildo for saying anything bad about Captain Kevin (my childhood hero)!

Fuck you with a barbed wire dildo for saying anything bad about Captain Kevin (my childhood hero)!

Let him coach your team. God willing he'll be available soon.

Steven Stamkos is really good at hockey. Ben Bishop is apparently not awful either, looking at his numbers this year and seeing him play tonight. A lot of people were laughing at that trade last year that Tampa made to get him, but they're getting something out of it for now.

Dubnyk on the other hand... I've been fooled. He looks totally lost. No confidence, technique is off, timing, it's all not there. Have to question what the Oilers goalie coach offers, at this point. The defensive giveaways are brutal too. Both of Stamkos' goals were just bad plays that were put in the net inside of 3 seconds.

Let him coach your team. God willing he'll be available soon.

Aaaaand done.

I think I read that Jeff Hornacek was taking over as the new coach but it's early.

Canucks beat the FUCKING SHARKS, the big line didn't even need to score, and someone actually stood up for Luongo.  This division is a bear, though.  Re: Oilers, think of how good they're going to have to get to be an average team in the division.

I passed out before the game even started and woke up at 11:00. This is the game I was looking forward to the most since the season started. The first dozen or so games were pretty ugly to watch, as the team was adapting to Tortorella's system. They're still not the '11 Canucks and never will be with their offensive depth but it's getting better bit by bit.