DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2021

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Legit LOL at the reactions by Jeff Stelling and Ally McCoist.

Mag7, this one's for you: 

Fuck that miserable Hun bastard Ally McCoist. 

• Like 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
2 hours ago, The Natural said:
The late, great Sir. Bobby Robson is trending on Twitter. Happy Birthday, Sir. Bobby. Loved and missed xxx.

Robson managed Sheffield United for a time. Unfortunately it was Bryan not Bobby *sad trombone noise*.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Never expected Liverpool's title defence to go badly as it has. The injuries have played a part.

With healthy fullbacks, front three, and with stretches of a moderately healthy midfield, it really shouldn't be a problem scoring like it has been going back to the start of the pandemic and maybe even before that. Problem is, without Europe next season, nobody that would be considered an upgrade is going to want to come in the summer (seems to me Salah is a lock to leave). I thought Thiago would help unlock teams defending deep but he's been so disappointing and that hurts me to say. Rash tackles, slows play down, doesn't put himself in dangerous positions in the final third, and while there are flashes of passing brilliance we haven't scored a single goal from open play when he's on the field in the league (I believe that was the stat I saw today). Jota's unpredictability was a massive breath of fresh air and is sorely missed but I don't think he's a panacea when he finally returns next month (not to mention it'll take a while for him to work himself back into match fitness). I get that without a reliable centre back partnership it changes the way everybody else plays but this was happening prior to the injuries too, though they've exacerbated the situation, of course. We conceded 7 to Aston Villa with a healthy Van Dijk. I knew we rode our luck and showed steel in grinding out a lot of 2-1 games last season but there was no way I saw this kind of collapse coming and as a Liverpool fan I've gotten pretty good at spotting when the good times are about to end. I honestly have no idea how they turn it around. Of course they won't lose the rest of their games but this is hard to watch. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Natural said:

For Mag 7 in the Phantom Zone.

The board's handling of this has been shameful. It was very clear months ago that Lennon wasn't cut out for the job but rather than do what needed to do they let him stay and fail miserably. It was so incredibly sad to see a club legend become a hate figure and the board's complicity in allowing it to happen was sickening. 

• Like 1

Damn, CBS/Paramount ain't playin.

Soccer rights announced today:

2022 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying (all games except those played in US/Mexico)
2023 CONCACAF Women's World Cup Qualifying
CONCACAF Nations League games (men's and Women's)

AND

Brasilero Serie A (the top level of Brazillian Soccer)
Argentina Premiera Division (top level of argentine soccer)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sabremike said:

The board's handling of this has been shameful. It was very clear months ago that Lennon wasn't cut out for the job but rather than do what needed to do they let him stay and fail miserably. It was so incredibly sad to see a club legend become a hate figure and the board's complicity in allowing it to happen was sickening. 

In full agreement. What a season to forget for Celtic. Everything has gone wrong: players, boardroom, manager, stupid overseas trip to Dubai. Lennon needed to go gracefully earlier.

• Like 1

USSF had a meeting on saturday where it was agreed to remove the policy requiring players to stand for the anthem.

Sadly, it was not without controversy, as one delegate went on a seven minute rant, where he espoused that "Black slavery wasn't all that bad" and "There's no evidence black people are treated worse by police"

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2021/2/27/22305191/us-soccer-annual-general-meeting-racist-comments-dei-has-long-way-to-go