DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2021

Dolfan in NYC

Looking at the FA Cup matchups, has anyone else even heard of Spurs' opponent Marine AFC? Is this the biggest competition gap ever (eighth tier vs top of the Prem)? Are Spurs going to Hereford themselves?

I love that every single game is on ESPN. Every. Single. Game. Just imagine something like this 15 years ago.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Looking at the FA Cup matchups, has anyone else even heard of Spurs' opponent Marine AFC? Is this the biggest competition gap ever (eighth tier vs top of the Prem)? Are Spurs going to Hereford themselves?

I love that every single game is on ESPN. Every. Single. Game. Just imagine something like this 15 years ago.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

They are in the 8th tier. Their chairman (or such) was on the Athletic’s business of sport pod with Chappers this week. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Jose is still going to park the bus.

Due to the strong snow storm in Spain, several games got cancelled as the clubs couldn't fly as their flights either got cancelled or severely delayed or streets and highways got blocked off. Alético provided the players 4x4's to travel to training, however Carrasco got a Fiat Panda loaned to him by his neighbor who told him it rides smoothly through the snow and Lemar and Vrsaljko rode with him.

That's footage of Vrsaljko, Lemar and Carrasco in the Fiat Panda.

Edited by Edwin

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Sheffield United 1-0 Newcastle United. Wins are like buses etc. Only Spurs, Man U and City next in the league that'll be an easy nine points...

8 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Sheffield United 1-0 Newcastle United. Wins are like buses etc. Only Spurs, Man U and City next in the league that'll be an easy nine points...

Oof. Going to take an unlikely miracle for Sheffield United to make up the points gap and avoid relegation. Second season syndrome, man.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
11 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Oof. Going to take an unlikely miracle for Sheffield United to make up the points gap and avoid relegation. Second season syndrome, man.

All I ask of them is to keep showing the same grit as last night and finish the season with more than eleven points (Derby's lowest points record).

4 hours ago, Jiji said:

This match is dreadful. Liverpool are dipping in form right now, but what is United's excuse? 

A draw at Anfield was fine by me. One thing I want to note is the play in stoppage time by Pogba where we looked to go on the break the other way and he decided to try and make a difficult play instead of the simple pass and got blown up. It's an example of something I admire most in the game of Crosby in hockey: He is certainly capable of making a Superman play but always makes the smart and correct play.