DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling feat. Kenny Omega - 12/15/20

The final regular Impact of the year with the next two holiday weeks being Best Of episodes I think. Awesome ending with Kenny finally getting physically involved and the Bullet Club reunion. Pretty great set up for Hard to Kill. I like how they set up matches for three separate upcoming shows next month. Another amusing Tony & Tony ad. Laughed at Schiavone calling Daniels & Kazarian "the two best wrestlers in Impact history, now in AEW." Knockouts tag was my favorite match of the night, love both teams. Too bad there's a two week break but looking forward to Impact hopefully having a good start to 2021. 

Results:

Spoiler

Impact Wrestling - Airing December 15, 2020

*Tenille Dashwood (w/ Kaleb) def. Alisha Edwards (w/ Eddie Edwards) (5:15) after the Spotlight Kick. After the match, Sami Callihan appeared on the screen and challenged Eddie to put an end to this once and for all in 3 weeks when Impact returns on January 5, telling Eddie to enjoy the holidays with his family because it could be his last.

-Kenny Omega & Don Callis on their bus with Karl Anderson, firing him up for his matchup tonight. Anderson would later have a confrontation with Rich Swann after which Omega said he was getting pissed off.

*Moose came to the ring and talked about injuring Willie Mack. Willie Mack interrupted but security stopped him, saying he wasn't cleared. Willie talked about coming for Moose and not letting refs stop him. Willie challenged Moose to an I Quit match at Genesis on January 9. Willie then rushed the ring for a pull apart brawl with Moose.

*Chris Bey (w/ Rohit Raju) def. Manik via DQ (11:35) after Bey goaded Rohit in to hitting him for the DQ. As a result, Bey earned a future X Division title shot. 

*Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz def. Taya Valkyrie & Rosemary (7:32) to advance to the finals of the knockouts tag team title tournament when Kiera pinned Taya with the swinging fishermans suplex after Deonna Purrazzo & Kimber Lee interfered to take out Rosemary.

*Brian Myers def. Josh Alexander via DQ (3:33) when Ethan Page interfered as his alter ego "The Karate Man" and attacked Myers. After the match, Josh told Ethan to get help and walked off.

*Karl Anderson def. Chris Sabin (w/ Alex Shelley) (16:56) via rollup with tights pulled. After the match, Rich Swann confronted Anderson on the stage, telling him he didn't need to cheat as they went to the back. Anderson hit Swann then Sabin & Shelley attacked Anderson until Doc Gallows returned to attack them. Kenny Omega then appeared and took out Swann. Omega announced the return of the Bullet Club and the main event of Hard to Kill on January 16 will be the Bullet Club of Omega/Gallows/Anderson vs. Swann/Sabin/Shelley.

• Like 2

Moose KILLING THE BUSINESS by admitting that "security" are actually independent wrestlers. lol

My favorite part of Impact is starting about 25 minutes late so I can fast-forward through all the sad dog and homeless children commercials. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I should have expanded on that. They should trade Kenny for the Knockouts.

EDIT: In all truth, though I would like that, I'm just being a troll because I don't like Bullet Club/the Good Brothers or whatever the hell they call themselves anymore. AEW doesn't need to lose Kenny obviously. 

I also just remembered yet another new bit of goofy that Impact just introduced to the world at large...

Spoiler

THE KARATE MAN~!

Now how about an MLW crossover with Team Filthy? 

Edited by Curt McGirt

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

THE KARATE MAN~!

Now how about an MLW crossover with Team Filthy? 

Lawlor has a pretty ugly feud with "Hidden Contents" on the indies:  he's attempted to murder him twice.

ALSO:  Haven't watched Impact in forever. This was a fun show with some good wrestling and some AMAZING promo packages; the stuff with EY and Deaner, especially. BUT!!~!!1!! Every. Match. Had. Interference. Can't anyone win clean around here?

Edited by Marty Sugar
  • Like 2

Yeah I know, that's why I suggested bringing him/them in. In fact I forgot that gimmick was actually Page's and didn't think about it showing up in Impact at all, which is pretty much the perfect place for it. So many dumb interactions with different characters possible there...

I only saw the goofy video of him vs. Lawlor and Lawlor preparing for battle prior to this so seeing dude freeze in the ring in that pose was fucking hilarious. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1