DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

I went into this with low expectations. The low expectations went to zero when The Giants decided to rush their punter on the field for a 4th and goal trick play on the opening drive where he threw a pass to the center. It's been all down hill from there. Freddie Kitchens is the worst play caller I think I've ever seen. What a world, I'm longing for Jason Garrett's return? 2020 is pure evil.

• Haha 2

Because football is stupid - Washington will actually clinch the NFC East next week and have the ability to rest starters Week 17

(Washington plays Carolina while the Giants play Baltimore)

The Steelers have just been embarrassing the last three weeks, I know they were an undeserving 11-0 team but they weren't this terrible. I don't watch enough Steelers games to know what changed from the first half to the second half but they would struggle to beat any team in the NFL right now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The Steelers have just been embarrassing the last three weeks, I know they were an undeserving 11-0 team but they weren't this terrible. I don't watch enough Steelers games to know what changed from the first half to the second half but they would struggle to beat any team in the NFL right now.

Luck and schedule

Opened the season with Giants, Broncos, Texans then had the early bye due to the Titans COVID outbreak.

Beat the Eagles off the bye. That is 4-0. First "real" win was Week 6 over Browns.

Week 7 - Beat Titans by 3 after Titans missed FG with 2 minutes left

Week 8 - Beat Ravens by 4. Lamar Jackson fumbles in the Red Zone with 2 minutes left

And then they beat Dallas (who had Garrett Gilbert at QB), Cincy and Jacksonville

Final win was the Wed Baltimore game - which was a fiasco and Tomlin himself said they played like shit

Basically - it would have been really hard for them not to be at least 7-4 with that schedule.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Luck and schedule

Opened the season with Giants, Broncos, Texans then had the early bye due to the Titans COVID outbreak.

Beat the Eagles off the bye. That is 4-0. First "real" win was Week 6 over Browns.

Week 7 - Beat Titans by 3 after Titans missed FG with 2 minutes left

Week 8 - Beat Ravens by 4. Lamar Jackson fumbles in the Red Zone with 2 minutes left

And then they beat Dallas (who had Garrett Gilbert at QB), Cincy and Jacksonville

Final win was the Wed Baltimore game - which was a fiasco and Tomlin himself said they played like shit

Basically - it would have been really hard for them not to be at least 7-4 with that schedule.

All true but as they pointed out they just beat the Bengals 36-10 a month ago. Now they are struggling to get first downs. Something changed, I dunno if Ben had a stealth injury or teams "figured them out" but their play has really dropped off the last few weeks.

6 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

All true but as they pointed out they just beat the Bengals 36-10 a month ago. Now they are struggling to get first downs. Something changed, I dunno if Ben had a stealth injury or teams "figured them out" but their play has really dropped off the last few weeks.

Their O-Line, Running Backs and QB, aren’t that good! The first half of the season they hid it pretty well but the rest of the league figured out what they were doing and that’s why we’re seeing what we’re seeing. They really need to bench Ben since he’s useless and is throwing worse than The Duck did last year. But even with the injuries the Steelers D is one of the best in the league, that’s going to win you some close games. 

Good job by JuJu acting like a self absorbed punk making a big show of trampling on the Bengals logo before the game. A Bengals team that had essentially checked out weeks ago and were an easy win ended up getting fired up and are kicking ass.

• Like 1

While I think the impact of that type of thing is over-stated, I am surprised that an occasionally 'no nonsense' coach like Tomlin would allow it. Imagine someone at New England dancing on opponent's logos. Especially with the way he and they have been playing lately it just comes across as dumb.

The past 3 weeks have been embarrassing. I think losing Bush, then Bud, then Spillane and Vince Williams really devastated the vibes/momentum/luck of the first 11 weeks. Lack of a run game has finally exposed the offense too. Will be interesting to see how they respond against a very good Colts team.

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

While I think the impact of that type of thing is over-stated, I am surprised that an occasionally 'no nonsense' coach like Tomlin would allow it. Imagine someone at New England dancing on opponent's logos. Especially with the way he and they have been playing lately it just comes across as dumb.

Even with your qualifier, you're giving Tomlin way too much credit. A real no-nonsense coach wouldn't walk onto the field to interfere with a kick return. 

• Like 1