DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Dad Jokes - 12/14/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Dana/Shayna was gearing up to be really good before they pulled the plug out of nowhere. 

I mentioned this in the monthly thread but Miz falling over even though Morrison barely grazed him after he got Pounced out of the ring was pretty funny. Me rewinding that froze USA on the TV which I didn't figure out til later. Watching everything in fast forward was very much preferred. 

Randy Orton commits arson and attempted murder. We have officially reached Kane-Level Ridiculousness in this angle. The noises Bray was making at the end there made me think he might be stroking out. 

10 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Dana/Shayna was gearing up to be really good before they pulled the plug out of nowhere. 

I mentioned this in the monthly thread but Miz falling over even though Morrison barely grazed him after he got Pounced out of the ring was pretty funny. Me rewinding that froze USA on the TV which I didn't figure out til later. Watching everything in fast forward was very much preferred. 

Randy Orton commits arson and attempted murder. We have officially reached Kane-Level Ridiculousness in this angle. The noises Bray was making at the end there made me think he might be stroking out. 

Also, it looked like Morrison started selling too soon and was throwing himself over the top rope.  

The closing segment was just dumb.  Apparently Thunderdome doesn't have any personnel on hand to respond to emergencies. Or at least a smoke detector.  Fortunately, they do have cameramen on scene who are so dedicated to getting the shot that they don't even flinch or try to get help when wrestlers try to murder each other.  Yea!

• Like 1

Raw was mostly background noise and ffing for me.

Lana/Nia and the post match attack were effective. Shayna/Dana was nice while it lasted. Was good seeing Mandy make the save. I assume Charlotte replaces Lana, but I wish it was the Mandy/Dana getting a title shot.

The Orton/Bray stuff is about as dumb as it was years ago on Smackdown.

The ending segment with AJ & Drew was fine. Kind of wish Omos carried AJ on his shoulders on the ladder. Would have been a neat visual.

Drew not coming out to stop AJ from trying to cripple his best friend of over a decade, then not mentioning it or even being mad at AJ when they met in the main event face-off shows that he is an awful friends and deserves it when Sheamus turns on him.

Also I laughed when Lashley accidentally ruined his own suit.

• Like 1

I thought RAW was pretty meh tonight. I mean it wasnt bad or good. It was just there. I can not stand Miz and Morrison anymore.

It's like the WWE to build up Lana only to take her out before she gets her big moment at the ppv. I did mark out for her winning tonight though.

I liked the six man tag and the women's matches, and even though I generally find Sheamus about as interesting as an out of date bus schedule the match with AJ was actually really god.

The Miz/Morrison and Bray segments were equally cringy. Morrison deserves better than playing second banana to Miz and Bray is another example of the WWE trying to fix something that wasn't broken, resulting in Kane 2.0. Serial arsonist Randy Orton strikes again and once again it's treated by no big deal by management and the authorities alike.

Morrison might be the only wrestler who actually would have benefited from being a big fish in a really really small pond and staying in IMPACT.   When he isn't doing awful comedy skits he is doing jobs.    Except for the ladder match at Wrestlemania I can't think of anything he has done worth a crap

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Morrison looks like a star everywhere he goes, except WWE.

I mean just imagine if we got even a watered down version of Slamtown with Morrison and The Miz. You know what, screw The Miz. I would love to see Morrison go full HBK and turn on him. I just don't understand why they think comedy heel is what Morrison should be doing.

4 hours ago, Jamal said:

Biggest win for Lana. I was sure she was gonna get squashed. You just never know with this company. 

Nia Jax was a champion wrestling a non-title match.  She never stood a chance.