DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - 2021 SPRING & OFFSEASON

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

Every Miami scholarship player has been offered a $6k endorsement deal.  I've heard tales of deals topping $2 million already.

Pollo Tropical's Tropi-chop isn't just going to sell itself.  

(But y'all should definitely try it.  Oh, and the guava cheesecake.) 

On 3/5/2021 at 8:25 PM, RIPPA said:

Kansas has put Miles on administrative leave

And look out above, because currently dropping is... the other shoe 

Short version:  KU player finds out his teammates are selling drugs and reports it to the school.  They threaten to kill him. Les Miles is like "If you threaten him again, you'll be doing Oklahoma drills at practice."   KU says, "Thanks for the info.  Here's $50,000 Snitchy McSnitchface. GTFOH." 

To be fair, Oklahoma drills fucking suck.

When I was a sophomore in high school, I was like 130 lbs soaking wet.  I was also a mouthy little shit.  So, one day in football practice, I'm doing what I do and being a mouthy little shit.  My coach puts me as the ball carrier in an Oklahoma drill.  Oh, I'm also very slow.  Basically, no athletic ability at all.  He has the tackler and blocker be my two cousins.  They are both all-conference players.  One of them played college football.  They line up, and my cousin that is the blocker just lays down and lets my other cousin destroy me.  Then coach switches them up and same thing happens.  I didn't talk much in practice the rest of that day.

• Like 1

I feel like it’s safe to say that Nebraska would’ve been at least as successful as they have been over the past 20 years, if not more so, if they had never let Solich go in the first place.  His old school option stuff would’ve been a nighmare for the all the spread offense teams that were about to take over the Big 12 not long after Nebraska sent him packing.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 2:15 PM, Log said:

To be fair, Oklahoma drills fucking suck.

When I was a sophomore in high school, I was like 130 lbs soaking wet.  I was also a mouthy little shit.  So, one day in football practice, I'm doing what I do and being a mouthy little shit.  My coach puts me as the ball carrier in an Oklahoma drill.  Oh, I'm also very slow.  Basically, no athletic ability at all.  He has the tackler and blocker be my two cousins.  They are both all-conference players.  One of them played college football.  They line up, and my cousin that is the blocker just lays down and lets my other cousin destroy me.  Then coach switches them up and same thing happens.  I didn't talk much in practice the rest of that day.

Still shitty coaching, he should have had you run against both of them at the same time to see if they could hurt you worse! That's how you coach! Injuring people.

• Haha 1

Deion Sanders stormed out of the SWAC press conference because someone called him "Deion" while bitching that no one would call Nick Saban "Nick"

So that has lead to all the media going "I call him Nick"

• Like 1

Someone made the great point that if Nick gets on a beat reporter like that there are 100 more that are waiting because it is Alabama.   If you try to bully the reporters at Jackson State you have cut the number to 1 or 2.   Unless he wants nobody to talk about them

• Like 1

Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC just makes me think SEC should just run their own shit separate from all of the other conferences. Whoever wins the SEC are National Champions and then just do the CFP for everyone else.

It’s never going to happen, so it’s not even really worth speculating about. Better question to consider right now would be, whose interests are being served by leaking this right now and what are they REALLY trying to do?

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1

Just now, EVA said:

It’s never going to happen, so it’s not even really worth speculating about. Better question to consider right now would be, whose interests are being served by leaking this right now and what are they REALLY trying to do?

I assume they're just trying to bully the Big 12 for a bigger slice of revenue or to institute the death penalty for horns down or whatever.

SEC media day is going on right now and nobody seems too stoked about the idea.

26 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I assume they're just trying to bully the Big 12 for a bigger slice of revenue or to institute the death penalty for horns down or whatever.

SEC media day is going on right now and nobody seems too stoked about the idea.

If the really want to increase revenue they could just change the Longhorn Network to the Big 12 Network.  The use of that channel lost its use about 6 months in when they were on the 10th replay of everything 

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

If the really want to increase revenue they could just change the Longhorn Network to the Big 12 Network.  The use of that channel lost its use about 6 months in when they were on the 10th replay of everything 

That's a good point.

My new conspiracy theory is that ESPN is orchestrating this as way to get out of paying for the Longhorn Network for the next decade.