DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - 2021 SPRING & OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Dammit, Dolfan, I was just typing out a post about this.  You gotta at least include the money quotes:

"Less than 6% of our current student body is black," wrote Larry Wilkinson, a donor who graduated in 1970, quoting a statistic UT-Austin officials have stated they’re working to improve. "The tail cannot be allowed to wag the dog….. and the dog must instead stand up for what is right. Nothing forces those students to attend UT Austin. Encourage them to select an alternate school ….NOW!"

email-01-v5.jpg

email-03-v5.jpg

• Haha 3

I called this shot the day KU announced his hiring so I feel like I have a lot riding on how they deal with this

On 11/16/2018 at 5:57 PM, Zimbra said:

Congratulations in advance to Les Miles for getting paid to spend the last two years of his contract sitting at home.

• Haha 3

On 3/5/2021 at 8:25 PM, RIPPA said:

Kansas has put Miles on administrative leave

This has now been upgraded to:

giphy.gif

(Technically, they 'mutually agreed to part ways', but, you know...)

On 3/1/2021 at 10:26 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The "Eyes of Texas" thing going on in Austin feels like a controversy from a simpler time.  

Unsurprisingly, Texas has decided that all is well, and that they can go back to playing that hideous tune every time they get positive yardage on offense or don't give up a first down on defense.

Also, racism was a terrible thing, but they're all better now and they're glad to announce it's been consigned to the history books.

I might actually read the next alumni fundraising letter I get from them instead of chucking it in the shredder, just to see how they spin this shit.

On the one hand I can't believe UT is going to die on the hill of I've Been Working On The Railroad but on the other hand you can never underestimate the intelligence of the people behind college sports.

On a related note KU is going to hire an outside firm for their coaching search which is going to make it doubly funny when they end up hiring Bielema anyway.

15 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

On a related note KU is going to hire an outside firm for their coaching search which is going to make it doubly funny when they end up hiring Rich Rodriguez anyway.

FTFY.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

On the one hand I can't believe UT is going to die on the hill of I've Been Working On The Railroad but on the other hand you can never underestimate the intelligence of the people behind college sports.

The "OY'S" of Texas are upon you... 

• 2 weeks later...

Les Miles ruining schools far and wide

Oregon State President F. King Alexander has resigned

Alexander was president at LSU when Miles terrible behavior was overlooked

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Howard Schnellenberger has passed away at the age of 87

People give Jimmy Johnson most of  the credit for making Miami THE U but not sure it this even happens if Scnellenberger didn't beat the legendary Nebraska team in 83.  Miami in the late 70s was Kansas level bad 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 11:40 AM, RIPPA said:

Howard Schnellenberger has passed away at the age of 87

I got to meet Schnellenberger a few times when I worked in Louisville media.  Once, we were in Miami to cover the Orange Bowl (Louisville vs Wake Forest, 2007), and we decided to swing by Florida Atlantic to interview him.  On the flight down, the airline had lost our luggage, so we were wearing like odd-shaped t-shirts we'd bought at the nearest Walgreens.  Schnellenberger answered the door to his office and looked us up and down and just laughed.  The interview was fine and all, but we sat with him for a while after and just chatted.  He was very kind and fun to talk to.  RIP.

• 3 weeks later...