DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - 2021 SPRING & OFFSEASON

RIPPA

11 minutes ago, Tabe said:
  • Isn't that supposed to be temporary?  They're building a new Aloha Stadium, right?

Yes - but the new stadium isn't expected until Fall 2023

Poor Dan Patrick is getting worked by whoever is feeding him this “Tennessee was passing out money in McDonald’s bags” BS.  It’s not the 70’s anymore.  There aren’t *literal* bagmen.

Pruitt previously worked at Bama, FSU, and Georgia.  I think he knows how to do recruiting dirt the smart way.  His problem is that his own university wants it found.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1

This is also not surprising but the ACC is planning to return to its 8 game conference schedule in the Fall with Notre Dame being an independent

The league is planning on treating the 2021 schedule as originally planned so there is gonna be a lot of repeated site games

Cross-posted from the college basketball thread:  Central Arkansas (Southland), Eastern Kentucky and Jacksonville State (both Ohio Valley Conference) will jump to the ASUN effective July 1, making a total of 12 schools and officially adding football as a conference sport. 

EKU getting raided is the big surprise to me, since the Colonels were one of the OVC founding schools in 1948.

Notre Dame should do the smart thing and actually join the ACC, but they cling to tradition so fucking much. I love Notre Dame, but I couldn't give a fuck about history and having to play USC or Navy or Stanford or whoever. 

23 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Notre Dame should do the smart thing and actually join the ACC, but they cling to tradition so fucking much. I love Notre Dame, but I couldn't give a fuck about history and having to play USC or Navy or Stanford or whoever. 

Well, now that Michigan has decided they don't need a football team any more, ND could always take their spot in the B1G.  Seems like a more natural fit anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, now that Michigan has decided they don't need a football team any more, ND could always take their spot in the B1G.  Seems like a more natural fit anyway. 

Lose every year to Clemson or lose every year to Ohio State...

Hmm...

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Damn, I guess Satan finally took me up on that offer.

I’ll see you all in Hell!

I suspect it also has something to do with all the attention that the mod that updates NCAA 14 has been getting of late, too.

• Like 1

This fell under the radar, but the WAC is bringing back football at the FCS level in a mighty way after raiding the Southland Conference for Abilene Christian, Lamar, Sam Houston State and Stephen F. Austin, bringing in Southern Utah from the Big Sky, and adding the teams from Dixie State and Tarleton State (who joined the WAC in all sports except football last year). Additionally, three schools who just jumped to the ASUN (Central Arkansas, Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville State) will play in the WAC for the 2021 season before switching back to the ASUN for 2022.

The Southland might as well be Southbound as they are now down to six football schools.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tyler Shough has told Oregon to go fuck themselves and has entered the transfer portal

Grad transfer with THREE years of eligibility left. 

Edited by Tabe

UCF is probably the best G5 job there is, so he’ll probably do fine there.  But I feel like you need somebody really hungry to get the most out of it, and a dude who is guaranteed $20 million if he never works another day in his life is...pretty much the opposite of that.