DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown (11th December 2020). Roman Reigns Rocks.

The Natural

The direction with Otis & Gable is weird, but I don't hate it.

E/Sami was fine though I wasn't fond of the finish.

Dug Bayley & Bianca's segment. Looking forward to their match next week.

Riott Squad vs. Billie/Nattie was alright. I'm mostly happy just to see everyone in this aside from Nattie who I'm kind of indifferent on.

Roman was amazing once again, and Owens was pretty damn good himself. I loved the attack backstage, especially Kayla's involvement after the bs Roman and Paul fed her last week. Roman's message to Owen's family was spectacularly evil.

Sasha/Carmella was solid while it lasted. Didn't mind the dq finish due to Sasha completely losing her shit. Kind of feeds more into Mella being in her head. The post match attack from Carmella was ok, but maybe lasted a pinch long. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I was one of those people that didn't see the need to repackage Carmella just yet since she and Truth still had a good thing going. But I'm all in on this new version now. I've enjoyed what's going on with her and Sasha and thought the match was good for what we got. 

Nice to see the Riott Squad pick up a win but this just highlights that they should be the ones challenging for the women's tag titles. And poor Billie and Nattie are just thrown together just because. Guess it beats catering. 

they benched the IIconics for 6 months, brought them back only to be a vehicle for putting What's Left Of The Riott Squad back together before splitting them up themselves making the whole exercise a lateral move, then put the IIconics into separate, lesser new teams, one of which is still serving just to put over and get clowned by the Squad, despite the rationale for splitting the IIconics ostensibly being to explore the money potential of one of them as a solo act.

The least they could do is put the belts on 'em and at least try to elevate the Squad a little bit and maybe make all this dumb bullshit worthwhile.

• Like 2

Carmella's 'Emmalina Take 5' entrance was pretty great, I think they need to play with it a little bit, the music loses steam after the reveal - but they'll figure it out. She's not quite got it figured out with the offence yet either - drop-kicks and cross-bodies aren't the thing to do. But I think it's almost there.