DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 12/9/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Balor's next move? Lying flat on his back, spread-eagled in the ring, jaw hanging as Karrion Kross comes to claim back what is rightfully his. Walter is welcomed with open arms to feast on what is left, when he's good and ready! The industry is about to watch Balor get whupped one way or the other!

13 minutes ago, Peck said:

He looks like a fucking Oompa Loompa. I can't un-see it.

He's like that girl George dated. The one who was in NYC all winter except going to Maine. 

"She's too tan. Its the middle of winter... she's like a carrot."

Your Oompa Loompa thing is worse now, because he wears a Taz singlet and now I'll think of Maffew's...

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Dug the opening with Finn. Really hope we get Finn/Dunne. Kross challenging  or being champ does nothing for me at all.

Toni's segment with Io & Ember was nice. I want Raquel/Io, but I certainly wouldn't mind getting another Toni/Io match before then. It oddly feels like the two would be less restrained by WWE than they were in Stardom.

Figured Ciampa/Thatcher would continue. Kind of surprise Rust interfering led to him forming a partnership with Bivens instead of being a Thatcher disciple.

Dunne/Dain was solid and about what I expected.

Raquel/Ember was pretty damn good. Loved the whole sequence leading to Raquel tossing Ember into the ring post. That was just awesome. Not sure about them teasing Raquel/Rhea II already. I mean I will love the match regardless, but I was hoping into wouldn't happen again so soon and one of them would be champ when it did.

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

He's like that girl George dated. The one who was in NYC all winter except going to Maine. 

"She's too tan. Its the middle of winter... she's like a carrot."

Your Oompa Loompa thing is worse now, because he wears a Taz singlet and now I'll think of Maffew's...

Never seen this before. Cheers, @PetrolCB.

50 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Dug the opening with Finn. Really hope we get Finn/Dunne. Kross challenging  or being champ does nothing for me at all.

I'm hoping for Finn Balor vs. Pete Dunne and Finn Balor vs. Roderick Strong as Balor's beaten half of the Undisputed Era (Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly). With you on Kross.

Edited by The Natural

Finn Balor's act:

9b2c01a5284643dd877d558088740640007cf1c0

Priest calling Scarlett 'Smoke Show' was actually a pretty sly Impact reference.

Yeah, I don't like Dunne's current in-ring look at all. I suppose you could argue it's different, but he's kind of hard to look at.

'The Way' are pretty funny - Gargano has been great recently.

Thatcher fucking Grimes' shit up was hilarious. 

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Never seen this before. Cheers, @PetrolCB.

You don't watch Botchamania? Because that's on it every week (or two weeks, the upload schedule is irregular). It's the intro to Taz and Excalibur cracking each other up on Dark commentary.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AxB said:

You don't watch Botchamania? Because that's on it every week (or two weeks, the upload schedule is irregular). It's the intro to Taz and Excalibur cracking each other up on Dark commentary.

Haven't watched Botchamania in a while. Need to start again.

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Haven't watched Botchamania in a while. Need to start again.

It's absolutely amazing stuff that's worth checking out again.  And the Taz segment went from "Insipid Tazz commentary" to something like "Inspired Tazz commentary" all because of how hilarious he is on Dark (and he referenced Botchamania at one point)

And wait, is Gargano's group really called "The Way"  If so I wouldn't be surprised if they lifted that from "The Mandalorian" considering how nerdy Johnny and Candice are.  Also dig @Peck's reference.

• Thanks 1

Johnny Gargano went from my least favorite performer in professional wrestling when he was a babyface to maybe my favorite person right now. Really funny stuff.

Indie's drum roll had me cracking the fuck up... So pathetically lame. "That's my bad... my bad..."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Pete Dunne is too fucking orange for me to take him seriously because thats all I see.

I was wondering if anyone else felt this way.  It's kinda off-putting.  I like Dunne but his new physique and skin tone are sorta.. well, off-putting.

I'm assuming he's just tanning?  Is that right or is there some medical reason for this?  Does he have carotenosis?

Good to see Cross and Balor back.  The men's title has been sidelined way too long.  Hopefully, they can keep both guys healthy and build up a few challengers.  Men's division isn't doing much for me right now aside from Gargano family silliness.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eoae said:

I was wondering if anyone else felt this way.  It's kinda off-putting.  I like Dunne but his new physique and skin tone are sorta.. well, off-putting.

I'm assuming he's just tanning?  Is that right or is there some medical reason for this?  Does he have carotenosis?

Vic Joseph looked extra orange this week as well.

NXT time!

THAT opening promo segment! All that mouthing off about Karrion Kross (without mentioning his name, however) is gonna lead to a proverbial trail of the dead! Priest actually called Poppy...er, Scarlett, Smokeshow, which was a propos due to all the smoke! Now, I want Balor vs Dunne, but Kross will come for his.

Killian Dane back and out for blood! Dunne vs Dane tonight! Bring it!

Atlas continued his winning ways and Swerve looked about to turn heel.

Think about the level of scumminess on Ever Rise if they are the heeliest duo in that three way! Once again, good match, weird dynamic.

The WarGames recap was stellar. Dunne taking solace in Fish going to hospital was ice cold. Everyone did a great job putting the matches over, and rightfully so! Those were great! This could be Gonzales' break-out moment!

Toni Storm had a point about Ember stealing her thunder when they both returned simultaneously. Io saying she doesn't have a problem with Toni, she just doesn't like her was bad-ass!

Ciampa vs Grimes was alright, and I'm also absolutely fine with Ciampa vs Thatcher continuing. Man, rough night for Grimes. Maybe he ought to STFU for a change? Could get your ass handed to you a little less often.

Gargano's? No way! How many stitches in Johnny's mouth? Not enough apparently. Candice is so humble and modest. What a trophy, wow!

Priest tried to stop the celebration and learned the hard way what it means to try and get one over on Kross. It will end badly.

Dunne vs Dain! Smashing the car door on Killian's face only slightly improved his looks. Doesn't stop him from trying to re-arrange Dunne's face, though! These guys could fight every week, and I'd be fine with it. Who ever told Dunne he should get a spray-tan to emphasize his physique, should have their face smashed with a car door! Jeez, that Bitter End was ugly. I was gonna say, no way he can get Dain up, and it looked like Dain countered it by landing on Dunne, but no, that was just a botch.

Gonzales' back is back! That is impressive! If Raquel wins this one, she should get a title match with Io. Her success really warms my heart. The fact that she has this many great opponents to work with, should make her something really special in short order. Intense action in this one! Moon is wonderful too, being strong enough to throw Gonzales around some! Huge win for Raquel! Another tag match for next week? Or another go at Ripley vs Gonzales? Yeah, ok!

This was really good stuff, once again!

That Gonzalez vs Moon match ROCKED. Gonzalez has quickly become someone I go out of my way to watch. She's fantastic and it hasn't taken long. She and Ember have good chemistry, too. 

I gotta drive the Pete Dunne Hulkster Skin Care routine thing into the ground because dude's hands are burnt sienna. 

Edited by southofheavy
  • Like 1

I have to second the Gargano love, he has really become a great heel - he's taken goofy heel A.J. Styles and turned it up.

The suit and Candice's on-trend lilac (H&M is full of it) jacket were good too. Proper becoming. This is the Way!

I'm guessing they pivot to Kushida as the next challenger, which should make for good matches.

This was a small club hit back in the early part of the century. I actually uploaded it to YouTube, and Chiller Twist messaged me and we're still facebook friends. Anyway, I'm sure he'd edit it and license it for a reasonable rate lol.