DVDVR Message Board

TNAEW Dynamite - 12/9/2020

Dolfan in NYC

16 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

It will be really interesting to see the NBA impact. On one hand, preemptions are a struggle, but on the other, they should have great lead-in's some weeks. And I totally expect TNT to do some crossover stuff between Inside the NBA and AEW given that the latter has established itself, I think, as their second biggest property.

Imagine the Dark Order on set with Earnie, Kenny and Shaq. Just some buff guys, hangin out, talkin about the playoffs. 

There won’t be preemptions until the playoffs start. But nba on espn hurts aew by like 10%. 

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Man I wish they showed it in syndication somewhere like so many other shows. Who owns the rights? Is it on Prime or Netflix? I missed it when I was a kid (didn't even know who Michael Mann was) and don't even remember what channel it was on. 

Same goes for Crime Story. My dad loved that when it was on. 

https://www.nbc.com/miami-vice/episodes

Looks like it's all up here, as well as on hulu.

I rewatched it all when it was on netflix a few years ago. It holds up incredibly well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Man I wish they showed it in syndication somewhere like so many other shows. Who owns the rights? Is it on Prime or Netflix? I missed it when I was a kid (didn't even know who Michael Mann was) and don't even remember what channel it was on. 

Same goes for Crime Story. My dad loved that when it was on. 

No idea man.  I watched the whole series on Netflix back when their main deal was mailing DVDs.  Great show.

edit: I see links were posted.  Awesome!  Enjoy.  Also, great music and just a crazy list of guest stars and actors who became established guys who were up and coming then.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, MrKothoga said:

Well, each and everyone of these 995k is gonna tell all their friends that Hangman, Silver and Reynolds will team up for the first time so I'm expecting much more viewers next week.

Sting showed up to weeks in a row, I would expect people to tune in to see him. They've stacked up the shows heavy the past few weeks that they won't be effected be not announcing a heavy lineup quickly after the last show.

To people like us, it shows how much thought you put in the booking by announcing several matches for the following week after the end of the show. WWE was very good at announcing a main event for the following weeks Raw last year or so especially when they had competition from NFL or something else on TV that night. They do it alot more for Smackdown on Fox.

I like NXT but it's going to be sad if AEW gets to 1 million or more and NXT gets half and they get booked in these crazy gimmick matches on free tv increasing risk for injuries to try keep AEW from reaching that million.

You don't have to have 1 million to be winning I guess, but I guess we still go by 20 years ago metrics. AEW winning Wednesdays or at least top 2 or 3 so thats a win for a new promotion especially when WWEs 3rd brand is way behind.

4 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I like NXT but it's going to be sad if AEW gets to 1 million or more and NXT gets half and they get booked in these crazy gimmick matches on free tv increasing risk for injuries to try keep AEW from reaching that million.

What? You're not excited to see Gargano and Ciampa vs half the NXT roster in a doomsday cage match?

• Haha 3

I felt the Shaq segment left quite a bit to be desired. Why try to make Brandy a heel again? And if Brandi's the heel why did Jade lay her out with a sneak attack.

Tired if Cody being the center of the universe

Seven is an extremely weird and obscure WCW call back.

Another Fashion statement by Miro 

Looking forward to Abadon/Shira but whats with the booking again. The face champ cowering in fear feels off.

I wonder if Wardlow, Santana, Ortiz and Sammy end up splitting from Hanger, Jericho and MJF?

On the plus side really enjoyed everything in ring, although I'm firmly in the camp of not every match needing a post math heat segment. plus Kenny/Callis 

Edited by zendragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure if Miro is playing the Eastern Euro badass street dude or the rich hypebeast gamer dude or a cross between them but he's still athletic,  he's still scary and he's still fucking hilarious. More of this please.  

I don't know if I just assumed this will happen or if I just really want it to happen but I need Miro to steal Penelope from Sabian at their wedding. 

14 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Yr7O9W.gif

I love the reaction gifs to the ratings.  But this one is so goddamn good it deserves this.  Well done, sir.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

EDIT:  Almost forgot to mention but during the ultimatum somebody said "You're growing on me like a fungus"  That immediately took me back to this time I was at a Baltimore bar and somebody said that to their friend.  It was so absurd that I couldn't help but laugh.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

What a waste of Sting during that time. Do you remember when they didn’t get Sting to record ADR for a shit video package, so they got Ziggler to record it, and lowered the pitch on his voice?

That must’ve been a last minute Vince idea. Like legit probably at the top of the show last minute.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Hearing Meltzer mention that Edge said ladder matches take time off your career, while Alvarez mentioned that WWE has done more ladder this year than in the rest of their history in order to pump up ratings, made me really sad.  Just another gear in the machine to be replaced at breakdown, indeed.

• Sad 2

I feel like people are underrating how good FTR made the Varsity Blonds look(Especially Brian Pillman Jr. who is so soft in the ring), by beating the shit out of them.

With a severe makeover, Griff Garrison will be a top guy one day. That goes for a lot of the AEW young lions that have gotten their shit pushed in since COVID. Along with Taz finding himself again thanks to these long Dark tapings, and some other moments, seeing what they can mold as their own has been one of the more positive things to come out of these setbacks.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

Sammy Guevara has gone from one of the more despised people on the roster to slowly becoming one of the more sympathetic faces on the roster. You can’t help but feel for him. That segment was really good. At first I didn’t know how I felt about MJF joining the Inner Circle but so far I’ve been digging it. 

• Like 3

On 12/12/2020 at 7:43 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I feel like people are underrating how good FTR made the Varsity Blonds look(Especially Brian Pillman Jr. who is so soft in the ring), by beating the shit out of them.

With a severe makeover, Griff Garrison will be a top guy one day. That goes for a lot of the AEW young lions that have gotten their shit pushed in since COVID. Along with Taz finding himself again thanks to these long Dark tapings, and some other moments, seeing what they can mold as their own has been one of the more positive things to come out of these setbacks.

The one thing AEW has done a lot better than any competitor to WWE in the past 20 years is their ability to make stars out of folks who aren't transcendant talents.   The last promotion that could really do that was ECW, and AEW takes after ECW more than it does any other promotion.