DVDVR Message Board

TNAEW - Impact Wrestling - 12/8/2020

twitch.tv/impactwrestling if you can't find AXS TV or whatever. I'll be at work, and I'm pretty sure this is just going to be an interview cut into an already taped show, but hey, I'm here for it anyway.

• Like 1

Given that promo for this show by Josh and Madison had no reference to this at all, I assume they are about 70% in their current 3 months of tapings at at time thing

I will have to recheck my IMpact Plus account.  I had the account but when they switched up the system (or at least the Roku version) I had a ton of trouble getting in

You have to think Kenny’s gonna show up at Final Resolution on Saturday to put more eyes on Impact Plus right now would be a good time to add more Impact they are missing most of 2008 thru 2014. They should really think about adding atleast up to Knockout New Years Eve at the end of 09 right before The Bischoff-Hogan ERA. If Kenny’s defending the AEW title on Final Resolution (which I think he should) the subs will probably go up abs adding new content would get somebod those new subs to stick around.

2 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I was under the impression Final Resolution was already taped when they filmed 3 months of TV and they were good up until their January ppv.

Correct on both counts.

Kenny taped something (interview?) that's going to be inserted into this week's show.  Unless they planned this well in advance and somehow kept Kenny's participation quiet, Omega isn't going to appear "live" on Impact for at least a month.

Well I guess it is going to be like the Smokey Mountain vs USWA feud where the faces or heels are dependent on the promotion you are watching.  I know the Tony Khan promo was extremely dickish.   At least that is what it seemed like to me maybe it was supposed to be 

• Like 2

They crushed that. I am so happy right now. Well worth having TJP/Brian Myers on in the background to get to it. 

That line about having matches, making moments, and making history is the kind of shade I can get behind.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 6

Pretty good show this week but the Tony & Tony AEW ad was hilarious and the hype up of the Omega interview all night was cool. Hope it does bring some more eyes to the product. Loved the interview itself and very much look forward to where this all goes. 

Results:

Spoiler

Impact Wrestling featuring AEW - Airing December 9, 2020 

*Chris Sabin (w/ Alex Shelley) def. Josh Alexander (w/ Ethan Page) (9:17) with a jackknife rollup

*Brian Myers def. TJP (11:41) after the clothesline

*Eric Young (w/ Joe Doering) def. Cody Deaner (w/ Cousin Jake) (3:40) after the Piledriver. After the match, Young & Doering looked to take out the Deaners but Rhino made the save with a lead pipe. 

*Taya Valkyrie & Rosemary def. Deonna Purrazzo & Kimber Lee (7:00) when Rosemary pinned Kimber Lee to advance in the knockouts tag title tournament.

*Sami Callihan came to the ring for a promo, putting himself over as the best. Alisha Edwards interrupted to cause a distraction, allowing Eddie Edwards to attack Callihan from behind.

*Chris Bey & Moose def. Rich Swann & Willie Mack (12:05) when Bey pinned Mack. 

*Josh Mathews interviewed Don Callis & Kenny Omega on their bus in the parking lot. Callis & Omega changed over the nameplate of the AEW Championship. Callis detailed he and Kenny's 27 year friendship and how everything between them was part of the plan. They said Tony Khan credited Omega vs Jericho for the birth of AEW. Callis said they make history. Josh asks if Callis getting involved in the match tarnishes Omega's legacy. Omega blamed Moxley striking Callis for no reason. Omega said he's been in the greatest matches of all types in all places. Omega told Josh to treat him better coming in to Impact. Omega talked about planning to collect all the titles. They mentioned having a big announcement tomorrow on Dynamite before Omega finished with his traditional goodbye and goodnight.

• Like 2

Three things I loved   

Tony Khan asking Schiavone about the time he worked in iMPACT and Schiavone says  "I did and then I left the business for 18 years"  

Kenny Omega flicking away Moxley's nameplate and saying to Matthews "You knew Ambrose right?"  

Callis absolutely CRUSHING....    

So they didn't make too mahy big announcements other than Omega is probably going to take Swann's belt,  they have a segment on Dynamite so obviously more will happen there.  

The big thing I noticed I asked someone what iMPACT usually does on twitch and they said maybe a few thousand viewers.  Tonight it got up to 52,000! 

• Like 2

That Callis promo was money, rest of the show felt I any other recent time I've watched Impact (womens match was kinda stinky) everything was decent to inoffensive but nothing was really something I would out of my way to see. Also the completely empty arena made the show feel heatless 

• Like 1

They have some good people on the roster.  Everyone involved in the main event and most of the women too.  But they need a crowd or at least a fake crowd to liven up that atmosphere.  

I wouldn't watch if they didn't have AEW ties.  It's a few things that are easy to fix.  Sami Callihan's promo was trash though. 

Sami Callihan was terrible, holy fuck. So bad. I really hope they don't bring him over to AEW for a Moxley feud. I remember thinking he was pretty good on the mic but that was almost everything I hate about wrestling promos. How many times did he say his own name and that shitass "draw" nickname?

• Like 1

Man, this was the first time I watched Impact in forever and it's sooooooooooo low rent. The ending was good, but ultimately this feels like fucking nothing considering Impact is barely relevant.