DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs XII - 12/20/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Stoked for Shelton and Cedric to pick up some gold. The Hurt Business have been a highlight in Covid Era WWE. I think Benjamin especially has earned his keep over the years, although perhaps he never truly lived up to his potential either. Owens/Reigns and Banks/Carmella were also rad, some of my faves getting to show out. Good stuff.

Sorry but I love it.  Maybe it's because I enjoyed everything on the show prior to this (all the title matches) but this is the type of hokey bullshit that I can deal with and laugh at.  

I don't place it in the same category as Hornswaggle and DX 2006 etc.   I put it into the hokey Undertaker category.

I thought the show was all right. The two ladder matches were pretty good. The Miz has to be the biggest idiot in the world though.

The women's matches were good. Can't wait to see Charlotte vs. Shayna. I hope Sasha vs. Carmella continues. Carmella really has found her groove as socialite influencer or whatever her gimmick is at the moment. 

I'm glad The Hurt Business finally won the tag titles. But they are setting up Cedric or Shelton getting kicked out, so I'm not expecting it to be a long run. I echo the sentiment of seeing them with all the gold. Sadly, I don't think Vince would ever give Bobby Lashley the chance to be WWE Champion (at least for an extended period like he deserves).

As for the main event. We can't have blood no matter how many times someone gets hit in the face with a ladder. But we can have someone being "burned" alive.

The only thing I took from that is maybe Bray will play it off that he wanted The Fiend to die because he couldn't control HIM. I just kept picturing Bray saying "I'm free, thank you Randy... I'm free from HIM". I know that's from a movie but I can't remember what one. Overall kinda like RAW last week. I mean it was ok, but not great or anything.

Haven't watched much in awhile but checked out some of this. Carmella looked great, loved that. Nice that Sasha can finally shine again without bayley stuck to her. Glad to see Charlotte back. Thought the ending made for a cool visual and I'd be happy with that as the end of bray's character there but I'm sure that won't be the case.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

Watched the first 3 matches from TLC and I enjoyed them all. I want Drew vs AJ again. Drew is such a good seller, alot of times he sells with that glassy look in his eyes. If he was around 25 years ago Vince would tell him not to sell so much especially for a guy AJs size.

I was impressed by Carmella here, I'm sure Sasha did alot to make it good but Carmella brought it. She  just threw too many superkicks. I wasn't expecting an apron spot either.

Hurt Business vs New Day was good. All the Hurt Business members have been great since they formed. Shelton is still very good. He's always top notch when he's in a spot with a direction plus he's a great tag team wrestler. His team with Gable was one of the best things on Smackdown at the time. And of course New Day brings it and are way more enjoyable when they aren't facing guys they've faced 1000 times.

Watched the rest of the show tonight except for the main event. I watched the 8 man tag on the Pre show which was an excellent showcase for Smackdowns midcard. I hope Big E gets the Main Event spot at Mania. The segment he did with Sami and Truth was my first time seeing him as a serious act again. 

The women's tag was good too, I missed Charlotte but I think it was great that she's been away because she's ran through the division several times over.

Reigns vs Steen was really good too, I was aware of the criticism because of Jey Uso running in several time and no one helping Owen's but WWEs lack of logic in these matches don't bother me like it would in other promotions. I know it was meant to get across the deal with Jey and Roman as well as make Steen strong in defeat but it made Roman look not as strong. He's done a great job at showing his mean streak but I can see how all that interference can take people out of it.

This was a dope show overall, I refuse to watch that main event though because it will probably bring the show down several levels in my mind.

Roman/KO would've been really great if the Pillmanizer actually took Jey out. Or use the apron powerbomb which has lost some effectiveness since its NXT use, but I think is still good enough to keep someone out for the remainder of a show. KO is exactly the guy Roman should be beating on his own at this point in his heel run. The work between them was great, though. That fisherman suplex into the chair looked like an SvR WWE2k glitch where your regular move hits a stray weapon and the opponent just kind of freezes before doing the max sell on a random body part.

Despite my general lack of engagement with WWE, seeing Sasha get a proper title run with multiple ppv wins in a row still warms my heart.

I thought the inferno match was the most interesting either guy has been in years. Hopefully the finish marks the end of the god-awful fiend, and honestly, the Bray Wyatt character in general. That gimmick has run its course and the idea that it can be some sort of Taker-like mainstay was laughable 5 years ago and just completely detached from reality now. Let Windham Rotundo try something different. Of course, I am writing this well over a week after airing and haven't watched a WWE weekly show in a couple years now, so feel free to laugh if he has already done a lights-out surprise attack on some upper midcard face for no reason.

Edited by Go2Sleep
  • Like 2