DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs XII - 12/20/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Man. I can't wait to see how they freshen up Raw. Maybe they had to get all of these dumb as fuck stories first like setting Bray on fire and murdering him. Again. Or Miz failing to cash in. Or whatever the fuck all the build for Lana was for.

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't know who Drew will be facing now but I'd nominate Bobby Lashley.   I just want The Hurt Business to have all the gold.  

I imagine Asuka/Charlotte tag team leads to them feuding over the RAW title. 

That's who it should be and other than Orton, Lashley is the one who has been protected the most.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't know who Drew will be facing now but I'd nominate Bobby Lashley.   I just want The Hurt Business to have all the gold.  

I imagine Asuka/Charlotte tag team leads to them feuding over the RAW title. 

Co-sign on Drew McIntyre vs. Bobby Lashley.

I think Asuka/Charlotte Flair tag team will turn into Asuka vs. Charlotte at WrestleMania XXXVII for the WWE RAW Women's Championship and I'm hoping Sasha Banks vs. Bayley for the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship main events.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

What was the point of the Lana angle at all? Most of this feud was built around her, and they took her out of the match at the last minute. I don't get it. They didn't need to have some sort of 5 star classic for a payoff for this. 

Meltzer and other news sites are now saying that, for at least a while, the plan has been for Lana to get "injured" and taken out of the storyline.  Of course, when the Lana-Nia angle began, Meltzer reported that the idea was to give Lana a big babyface push.  No idea if that was incorrect or the pla.n changed.  I can't see a Lana push working, so this seems like the best outcome regardless.

Just finished the show.

AJ/Drew was as good as expected. I loved Omos just casually carrying Miz to the ropes and dropping him through a table. Also loved Omos's reaction to gettign hit by a chair by Morrison. As fun as those moments were they weren't worth a TLC match. I wish AJ and Drew just had a straight forward match because you could tell how good it would have been in the non weapon parts here. That said, they did use the weapons well enough.

Sasha/Carmella was legit good, and this was by far Carmella's best match and performance ever in WWE. She really came into her own here and Sasha carried her end well as expected. I don't want to see the two face off again already, but I do hope they keep giving Carmella chances for performances like this.

New Day vs. Hurt Business IV was so damn good. New Day were on fire from beginning to end. Really happy HB came out with the win. They deserve all the gold for how they have been carrying Raw the past 6 months or so.

Asuka/Charlotte vs. Nia/Shayna was solid-good. I just dislike it as a payoff to what the build they did with Lana. Feels like there should have been a better way to get here considering how much time was focused on Lana and how Nia was the one who put Charlotte out for half the year. It just feels like a waste of both angles.

Roman/Owens was nice and brutal in parts. Owens was fighter who refused to die as expected, and I loved Roman's reactions throughout form his amusement to his pure disgust at times with Owens' refusal to stay down. I only wish Jimmy had come down at the end so the Bloodline could be at full strength.

I skipped around Bray/Orton. I love the visual of Inferno matches, but they are also generally shit due to their stip. This one didn't look much different from the norm. I assume with that ending they are killing the Fiend character. That just seems moronic with Orton having lost most of his momentum from the Summer and the Fiend still being a solid interest piece.

Overall a good show that exceed expectation even if the very end was terrible. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Can we please retire the Money in the Bank concept now? 

as folks have said in Dolfan's Wrestlemania reviewing thread, there's really no way to top a Wrestlemania Main Event Cash-in, so yeah.

2 hours ago, nofuture said:

Poor Bray, he went from "Let me in" to "Put me out".

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

If they're going to make a serious go of the women's tag division, I wish they'd rely more on actual teams than throwing together two upper card singles wrestlers, one of whom already has a title. I'd be more interested in a Charlotte/Shayna singles program.

at long last, the women are treated equal to the men.

Carmella being like a foot away from pulling a Sasha before getting caught was kinda scary. Match was absolutely fantastic, though. I think I'd have liked Roman/KO more if KO wasn't made out to be such a loser in the build-up. I know they were going with the whole "Owens refuses to die" bit, but he comes off as a bit of an idiot that it took til the match itself for him to think of trying to cripple Jey to get him out of the way(and this is the dude who was powerbombing guys on the fucking apron and putting them out for weeks). I do have to say that I love how Roman's offense/beatdowns come off really restrained, yet incredibly brutal. That Spear through the table was fucking ACES. My brain tuned out the Inferno match, though I did love Randy hitting the pose while the "Fiend" burned, hahahahaha.

I just wonder for people who watched the Thunderdome thing if they had to sign some release to just play along when they snuck a mannequin or doll in the middle of the ring. 

Also love that Bray had to tweet about an hour after the match.  Because I know if I was on fire an hour ago I would be on Twitter looking for pictures of bugs.  I mean at least wait until the morning  

• Haha 1

On the subject of Money in the Bank cash-ins, my top five.

5. Daniel Bryan beats the new World Heavyweight Champion, The Big Show at TLC 2011.

4. Rob Van Dam wins the WWE Championship from John Cena at ECW One Night Stand 2006.

3. Edge wins the World Heavyweight Championship from the Undertaker on Smackdown, 11th May 2007. Undertaker can barely sit up.

2. Seth Rollins makes the WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns WrestleMania XXXI main event into a triple threat. Rollins wins the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

1. Edge defeats WWE Champion John Cena. New Year's Revolution 2006. Stupidly Edge dropped it three weeks later back to Cena at the Royal Rumble despite bringing in high RAW ratings. Instead we get John Cena vs. Triple H at WrestleMania 22.

Edited by The Natural

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

I just wonder for people who watched the Thunderdome thing if they had to sign some release to just play along when they snuck a mannequin or doll in the middle of the ring. 

You know, they can just put any recorded stock video into those Thunderdome screens

• Like 1