DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs XII - 12/20/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I'm pretty sure the Werner Corporation relies on this event to balance their books.

THE CARD (updated as they announce):  

TABLES, LADDERS, AND CHAIRS MATCH FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Drew McIntyre (c) vs. AJ Styles

TABLES, LADDERS, AND CHAIRS MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Roman Reigns (c) vs. Kevin Owens

FOR THE WWE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Sasha Banks (c) vs. Carmella

FOR THE WWE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Nia Jax/Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Asuka/Lana

FOR THE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The New Day (c) vs. The Hurt Business

FIREFLY INFERNO MATCH - "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (with Alexa Bliss) vs. Randy Orton

While waiting for sure, thought I'd have a stab at the best TLC matches ever:

1. The Shield vs. Team Hell No/Ryback. TLC 2012 (*****).

2. The Dudley Boyz vs. Edge and Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz. WrestleMania X-Seven.

3. The Dudley Boyz vs. Edge and Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz. SummerSlam 2000.

4. Edge vs. John Cena. Unforgiven 2006.

5. Edge vs. Ric Flair. RAW, 16th January 2006.

I've only seen a few in recent years, Becky Lynch vs. Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair at TLC 2018 and Kabuki Warriors vs. Becky Lynch/Charlotte Flair last year in an infamous match for Charlotte not picking up Kairi Sane was hurt and carrying on if nothing happened. That still pisses me off. Unprofessional.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Blah card.  The Roman match interests me but only because the Roman/Jey angle is very watchable.  Babyface Owens does't do much for me and it's hard to believe they'll take the title off Roman before WrestleMania.  

Kinda hoping AJ wins, but that would probably immediately propel him deeper into whatever silliness they've got planned with Miz and the MitB briefcase.

Did they actually announce Lana is out off the PPV, or are we just assuming that?   Granted, Lana being written out of her own redemption angle would be on brand for this company (and not a bad idea in this case).

• Like 1

Drew/AJ will probably be good, but I wish it was just a normal match. The TLC stip doesn't feel warranted. 

Conversely I think the TLC stip would have mad sense for Hurt Business vs. new Day with how many times they have already wrestled a normal match. This one should be good, but I wish Hurt Business won the belts already.

Sasha/Carmella should be solid. I just don't get why they bothered to have the match on Smackdown first.

Roman/Owens is the strongest match going into this and the only one that has all of my attention.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Sasha/Carmella should be solid. I just don't get why they bothered to have the match on Smackdown first.

Probably since it was the 1st FOX Smackdown in the new Thunderdome thus they felt a title match was needed. 

• Like 1

I am sure its in the main thread but Asuka's partner will be

Spoiler

Charlotte Flair is at the WWE TLC show in St. Petersburg, FL and, at this moment, is scheduled to be Asuka's partner in tonight's Women's Tag Team Title match against the champions Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler.

She had been considered the favorite for the mystery partner spot since the talk was earlier that she would return at the Royal Rumble to lead to WrestleMania.

They had spent weeks building up Lana & Asuka as a team for tonight before taking Lana out with a worked injury. The storyline had been planned for a few weeks for Lana to be injured, leading to Flair's return. 

Flair has been out of action since June 22nd when they rushed her into a title match with Asuka on Raw and did an injury angle with Jax afterward. She had taken time off for surgery and to pursue some acting gigs, which included recently filming an episode of the remake of Punky Brewster alongside fellow WWE star Alexa Bliss.

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am sure its in the main thread but Asuka's partner will be

Reveal hidden contents

Charlotte Flair is at the WWE TLC show in St. Petersburg, FL and, at this moment, is scheduled to be Asuka's partner in tonight's Women's Tag Team Title match against the champions Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler.

She had been considered the favorite for the mystery partner spot since the talk was earlier that she would return at the Royal Rumble to lead to WrestleMania.

They had spent weeks building up Lana & Asuka as a team for tonight before taking Lana out with a worked injury. The storyline had been planned for a few weeks for Lana to be injured, leading to Flair's return. 

Flair has been out of action since June 22nd when they rushed her into a title match with Asuka on Raw and did an injury angle with Jax afterward. She had taken time off for surgery and to pursue some acting gigs, which included recently filming an episode of the remake of Punky Brewster alongside fellow WWE star Alexa Bliss.

If you don't want it spoiled don't go on F4W/WON as they for some reason decided to spoil it.

10 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I am hoping they bring Lana back with Rhea as her bodyguard.  Could be a decent little angle before Lana leaves and joins Rusev over at the land of milk and honey

Considering Lana signed a 5 year deal in Nov 2019 she ain't leaving anytime soon

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Considering Lana signed a 5 year deal in Nov 2019 she ain't leaving anytime soon

eh it's WWE  If both sides want out it will happen. It's happened many times in the past and with a pandemic why pay someone just to bury their career? Unless they plan on Becky being out longer and they make Lana the female version of Daniel Bryan that the crowd rallies behind.