DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 12/2/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Enjoyed Ruff/Priest vs. Escobar/Mendoza. Kind of hope this leads to Escobar going for the the US Title after Takeover.

Wasn't all there for GYV vs. Imperium but I kind of liek the idea of a 3-way feud with them and Ever Rise.

Shotzi/Raquel was off at times but still good fun overall. Dug how it broke down at the end, especially when Io interfered. Looking forward to the women's War Games quite a bit this year.

I think the 'out' here is that Indi Hartwell will just involve herself from the get go so it will effectively be 5 on 4. Which really it needs to be because while I don't mean to be rude to the heels, they don't really look like a serious match for Blackheart, Shirai, Moon and Ripley on paper.

6 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Have the babyfaces ever had the advantage in a Wargames match?

Last year's women's match?  Didn't the faces have the advantage...  (until Dakota Kai gave Tegan Nox what she clearly deserved)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

I think the 'out' here is that Indi Hartwell will just involve herself from the get go so it will effectively be 5 on 4. Which really it needs to be because while I don't mean to be rude to the heels, they don't really look like a serious match for Blackheart, Shirai, Moon and Ripley on paper.

Candice & Dakota have had good runs this year, gave Io strong fights in their title matches, and have beaten Ember & Shotzi beforehand. Toni is a former NXT UK champ, MYC winner, and has been a serious rival to Rhea & the current NXT champ for years now. Raquel is a monster who can even toss around everyone including Rhea. 

Edited by Eivion

That's one way of looking at it, but I honestly don't think Storm has ever really carried her push off, I like Dakota Kai but she has snuck out victories and no I don't think she looked strong in her title match. Raquel is a monster but lost decisively to Ripley. Candice is plucky and clever yes, but she still tiny.

Shotzi is on the rise and she's backed by the current and 2 former NXT champions - one of which was previously main roster (and although underutilised was not a jobber), and one of which was on the main card at Wrestlemania.

I mean nice try but lol nah.

NXT time! 

Nice Tribute to Patterson. He looked like a black haired Johnny Rotten in one of the earliest pictures.

Opening tag. Look how big both of Legado look in comparison to Ruff! And how tall Priest looks in comparison to them! Ok, I want Priest's tanktop, like NOW! The surprise tag by Ruff was hilarious! He's becoming quite the little shit, isn't he? There are so many masked men (well, people) out there, it's hard to keep track of anymore. And I don't mean the good kind of masks, either.

Oh, so Io isn't part of Shotzi's team yet? Ok, I'll wait.

Oh, look at the four little monkeys in suits, how cute! I'm pretty sure The Pat Pack will make you dance at WarGames! I can't believe, I'm rooting for Pat Goddamned McAfee! That's how much I like Pete Dunne!

When Grimes is on, he's ON! When he's not too busy being distracted by zombies and such. That's quite a string of gimmick matches for these two! Wow, where the hell did Lumis come from? Jeez!

Did Tony Nese just get a jobber (non-) intro? Poor guy! He really deserves better, but I guess he had his chance and could not get over in the slightest. For a heavy cruiserweight, he looks quite a bit smaller than another supposed cruiserweight in Atlas. Yeah, good win for Jake, but would have been bigger if they made Nese seem like he actually mattered. But this is how people who aren't being used, should be used. Not just sitting at home. I mean Nese is probably on 205 Live all the time, but I've barely watched it since Murphy, Ali and Cedric left!

Did Pat F'n McAfee just refer to ME as a loser wrestling fan watching at home? Pete, leave right now, or that inheritence isn't coming your way after all! I hate this man! It was YOU under the mask last week, wasn't it? Douchebag! I'm SO conflicted.

Ok, WITAF is this with Xia and Boa? Not political, but evil Kung-Fu? Big Trouble in Little China?

GYV vs Imperium? Thanks, I'll have one please! But you cannot possibly suggest GYV be faces of any kind? Or Imperium? Billie Kay has 5 words for ya! I don't know, good match, weird dynamic!

Now, Ciampa-Thatcher is a thing I want! I wondered when they'd pay the wrestling school skits off! Now we're getting somewhere!

WarGames looks fine to me!

Yeah, a ladder match against Gonzales sounds like an uphill battle for most anyone! Shotzi's got her work cut out for her! It's not like she'll back down, however!

Real life intervenes, I need to finish/ edit this at a later date. Up to this point, very nice stuff, except for Pat calling me names. 

Ok, I'm back! OMG that reverse cannonball into the corner with the ladder! There's Io! Holy shit Shotzi wins? Is this a first? I mean the face team having the advantage? I mean even if it is, it had to happen sometime, right? Would be rather suspicious if it never, ever did. The women's WarGames match is absolutely stacked on both sides. I wonder if Team Candice figures out a way to cheat the faces out of the advantage, somehow?

Edited by Shartnado
Able to resume watching