DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Khali hasn't been a singles champ since after ECW went off the air, unless I'm forgetting something. Zeke was who made me put in the caveat to begin with, but I forgot he held the IC belt after he was ECW champ. I'll agree with that. Anyway, even if it was hyperbolic, I feel like my point still stands. Also, as an aside, I promise I'm not saying things to troll you on purpose Vic. Just must be one of those days.

I just saw his match against Sugar Cane Helms and...yeah he ain't in great shape.

Meh. He was in good shape for Hero. The dude doesn't have the genetics to be a jacked muscleman without pharmaceutical help.

You can't tell me there aren't tons of people in the WWE/NXT PC who couldn't have given him great workout advice.  He could've been halfway decent without drugs.

He was halfway decent. He just wasn't built enough like a bodybuilder to satisfy Vince and Hunter's fetish.

You can't tell me there aren't tons of people in the WWE/NXT PC who couldn't have given him great workout advice.  He could've been halfway decent without drugs.

He was halfway decent. He just wasn't built enough like a bodybuilder to satisfy Vince and Hunter's fetish.

Yeah that's what it was. Christ.

good god do I miss Trish

We all do, Brian. We all do. I'm not one of these "Yo, she was such a great worker!" guys either. She was 'ok'. I felt she was pretty decent on the mic, though.. especially in her heel role. Outside of that, hottest diva ever? Yeah, she has my vote.

it speaks volumes to how hot she was that she can get a Seahawks fan to agree with a 49ers fan. Hottest diva ever by a mile.

You can't tell me there aren't tons of people in the WWE/NXT PC who couldn't have given him great workout advice. He could've been halfway decent without drugs.

He was working a gimmick of being an awesome striker, but he looked completely unintimidating and unbelievable. They've already got Punk to fill that role.

I love dystopian futures in fiction, not so much in reality, Any future that has Ryder as a champion is a future we need to change.

Oh please fuck off, this new thing/meme of hating on Ryder is awful. The dude was over as fuck at that time and ready for a mid card title run. The guy got over on his own through unconventional ways and should be commended for that. Let's not forget that awful booking put his hot streak to a dead end.

A million times this.  I cannot understand the sheer hatred some people have for Ryder for wanting to do good.  A performer in any other industry pushing himself to get noticed is praised.  2011 Ryder is basically 1998 Chris Jericho, doing whatever he could to work his way up the card.  Unfortunately for Ryder, there's no alternative to the calcified company he's in.

I think I posted this on the old board, but it is more than worthy of a unearthing -

SBGposterad1_0001_zps1b27ba72.jpg

Detail:

SBGposterad2_zps0b9d9b66.jpg

I know in my soul that there is a monstrous but forgotten stack of crates of these in a warehouse somewhere.

- RAF

He actually references these in his book. IIRC only about ten sold and he was left with quite a few of stock left. I can't remember what he said happened to the rest. These were made during his down period after leaving the WWWF but before coming back as Kung-Fu Billy Graham.

• Like 1