DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Oh c'mon, everybody knows that Gordon was hypnotized by the bottle of bourbon under his desk. That makes me wonder what he actually did prefer to drink...

I heard he was a vodka man, which makes sense as vodka was the preferred drink for old timey alcoholics. 

Whenever I meet a worker, I make it a point to quiz them about their boozing habits. The real veterans, to a man, all drank vodka in the lockerroom and beer in the car. I was sure that Harley Race was a rye whiskey man, but nope - vodka. The younger (as in ECW, indies) guys preferred beer in the lockerroom and beer & a shot at the bar afterwards, usually a sweet schnapps. I like to know these things.

beer/shot or scotch/soda man myself,

RAF

We all have that one friend who keeps tabs on every female he knows. He strikes up a conversation with every girl at the party and if a well known couple within your circle breaks up, he is always the first one to text the girl, "just to see if she's okay," just because they are "friends."

Mick Foley is that friend to everyone he knows.

• Like 2

We all have that one friend who keeps tabs on every female he knows. He strikes up a conversation with every girl at the party and if a well known couple within your circle breaks up, he is always the first one to text the girl, "just to see if she's okay," just because they are "friends."

Mick Foley is that friend to everyone he knows.

What are you talking about? I don't know anyone like that! I'm gonna text this girl to see if she knows anyone like that........ Oh shit.

I love dystopian futures in fiction, not so much in reality, Any future that has Ryder as a champion is a future we need to change.

Oh please fuck off, this new thing/meme of hating on Ryder is awful. The dude was over as fuck at that time and ready for a mid card title run. The guy got over on his own through unconventional ways and should be commended for that. Let's not forget that awful booking put his hot streak to a dead end.

• Like 5

Ryder's little doggie treat of a push was fine until he and other people started acting like he was some vital piece to the WWE's future success when his entire hot streak was more of a novelty. Then he didn't quite get the main event push he thought he deserved and started with his passive aggressive bitching and fuck him, guys who have been a significantly more talented and deserving didn't get 1/4 of the push that Ryder got.

WWE did just about as much as they possibly could've done with a guy like Ryder and he should always look back on it as something wonderful because he achieved a helluva lot more than anyone thought he would've.

• Like 1

Every week during that time was the same: the crowd would chant we want Ryder, pop like he was Steve Austin when he came out, and then die as soon as he actually wrestled beyond the boot in the corner. Ryder was probably the worst in ring performer to win in singles belt since WWECW died. The could have booked him like Hogan and the crowd would've stopped giving a shit within two months. He also didn't help himself by whining publicly when things didn't go his way. Really, the only notable thing he did was take that man sized wheelchair bump off the stage.

• Like 1

i5cl.jpg

Remember when we all thought this is what the future was going to be like?

It kinda was. Bryan and Punk have been all over the world title scenes, Cody basically ran the IC belt for a good while and is now in a hot program including his revitalised brother (That crossrhodes to Rollins to get his job back was immense) and Ryder and Bourne didn't help themselves for different reasons.

And Kofi wont be anything else than a tag-champion anyway.

You haven't got Beth, but damn it, you got something better:

tumblr_mwemn3iMHi1srxh5to1_400.gif