DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

034_Minehead_1116_1593.jpg

We're here!

I wish he'd come out in that now. I remember in Foley's book, he talked about he and Sullivan were supposed to wear blood-stained aprons for the Sullivan's Slaughterhouse gimmick but Turner Execs shot it down. So Sullivan asked if they could use dirt. They said no b/c it would resemble blood too closely. Then just general grime which was shot down as being close to resembling a blood like substance. They ended up coming to the ring in pristine white aprons who, in Foley's words, "looked like the world's most anal retentive butchers".

1294408_702710359758087_641487072_o.jpg

"And I look forward to taking on all challengers who want a shot at this Championsh....Gordon?  Gordon, you with us?  Gordon?"

Clearly he was hyp-mo-tized by Jack's shirt.

034_Minehead_1116_1593.jpg

We're here!

I wish he'd come out in that now. I remember in Foley's book, he talked about he and Sullivan were supposed to wear blood-stained aprons for the Sullivan's Slaughterhouse gimmick but Turner Execs shot it down. So Sullivan asked if they could use dirt. They said no b/c it would resemble blood too closely. Then just general grime which was shot down as being close to resembling a blood like substance. They ended up coming to the ring in pristine white aprons who, in Foley's words, "looked like the world's most anal retentive butchers".

Was a cool visual on NXT a few weeks back when the crowd swayed their arms back and forth to the Wyatts Theme when Luke Harper walked to the ring. Would be awesome to see 10,000+ do it on RAW but that would involve a non-lights-out entrance.

Oh c'mon, everybody knows that Gordon was hypnotized by the bottle of bourbon under his desk. That makes me wonder what he actually did prefer to drink...

DustyRhodesGordonSolie.jpg

Legendary+announcer+Gordon+Solie+does+hi

10517972-gordon-solie-and-jack-brisco.jp

Gordon-Solie-with-Michael-Hayes-and-Kevi

gordon.jpg

A portrait of the artist as a young man: http://www.postandcourier.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?date=20091011&category=ARCHIVES&lopenr=310119918&template=artpex I really want to read that book.

• Like 1

There are two versions of the current IC Title belt. That's the one that's based on the Reggie Parks belt designed by J-Mar, but the one they now use was designed by Parks himself. Apparently, Parks saw the previous version of the current title on TV and thought it looked like crap. So he made WWE a new one and sent it to them.

This is the previous version...

20111002_rhodes_newicbelt.jpg

And this is the current version

vlcsnap-2013-08-15-22h19m27s46_zps2db5c1

Here's a few random pics that I'm saving on my cloud accounts before the Commodore 64 I've been using loses it's shite. Again.

If ya'll dig em I'll drop some more jpg's this way.

Enjoy!

Here's some wrasslin paintings, digital and mixed media artwork;

Ouchie. HOMICIDE performing "Da Cop Killa" thru a car windshield on some unlucky goof.

nlo5zk.jpg

In the amazing world of professional wrestling, Donkey Kong(or maybe Don K. Kong?!) finally gets revenge as he sits down into the Texas Cloverleaf on a not so super Mario.

15p63av.jpg

I've always dug ULTIMO DRAGON(the ONLY bad-ass to hold 9 belts at one time), it's almost as if he's perched over top of the wrestling world...awaiting time to return.

2e5shna.jpg

Motor City Mapleleafs?!

5u4v2v.jpg

Bad ass, nuff said.

t7z6de.jpg

Bane's mask is backbreaking bad-ass...but it's no match for Bat's stache.

w2ktib.jpg

ROWDY RODDY PIPER will always be known for kicking major ass in the flick "They Live". Slick tie-in with this famous catchphrase, adding Big League Chew sinches it.

2urw5jc.jpg

I hope the images appeared on here...

• Like 12