DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

What a terrible idea for an infomercial. My 7 year old ass at the time thought it was a brand new video game show hosted by Hulk Hogan(kind of like Video Power), and had no idea they were trying to sell me something. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought this. 

Here's the thing I'm not quite understanding - the video was made in 1992, and there is a disclaimer at the end that states neither the WWF nor Titan Sports endorse the game even though some of their wrestlers appear in the advertisment, but there's no mention of WCW. In '92 Hogan and Koko were still in the WWF, but was Honky? I know Orndorff surely couldn't have been.

Koko wasn't in the WWF at this time either.  He left in Sept 91 and was rehired to replace Jim Neidhart in the Owen team in early 92.  I would guess this was shot in the fall of 91 when Hogan took a two month break after SummerSlam.

And Jesus, $150 for 30 shitty games?  In 1992 dollars, you could flat out buy a PS3 and a couple PSN games.

He's wearing a Fantastics T-shirt which would lead me to believe he was one of them because who else would be able to find one of those and wear it to the ring but I am having problems mentally transmuting Rogers or Fulton into this guy.

Like Triple H has any idea who these guys are. Batista said he didn't even recognize Dan Marino, who played the Dolphins Quarterback in Ace Ventura.

Wait, what? I thought that was the Isotoner Gloves guy. Mind=blown.

• Like 1