Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 12/2/2020


Recommended Posts

I don't have the channel but while watching my sister's dog I put it on.  First thing that popped up was Metallica's concert in France which was a helluva show.  So I can't complain much about a channel that has that going for them.  Plus it was nice to see Impact in real time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So Renee didn't know? Or she's foolin'. 

Don't forget that AXSTV also had GLOW along with New Japan. I really don't know why those deals fell through, maybe Anthem was only interested in Impact or that was part of their deal or all three were too expensive. God knows most everything else they have is thrift-store priced (Dan Rather interviews, rock docs, more rock docs, live shows, the occasional movie, infomercials, a film trailers show, more rock docs...). They also dropped MMA which was on there since the HDNet days.

Impact needed a TV network after POP, and Anthem already owned Impact so they went and bought AXS TV. WOW (not GLOW) kind of imploded in on itself, especially after all the Tessa Blanchard shit, and New Japan left around the time when Impact was debuting on the channel. I believe the story at the time was that Anthem wanted a very quick turnaround on an edited down NJPW show to air on the network, like 24 or 48 hours or something. Someone better versed in New Japan lore would know better. Paging @Archibald?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2020 at 10:46 PM, For Great Justice said:

I think there’s a good several months at least in the “Hangman slums it with Dark Order but by doing so builds himself back up and his leadership helps Silver and Reynolds win the tag titles” arc, before he takes that newfound confidence on a course for Omega. 

I want to see Hangman, in Brodie's absence, convert the entire Dark Order into hard drinkin', hard fightin', hard partyin', but still somewhat insecure, cowboys.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I want to see Hangman, in Brodie's absence, convert the entire Dark Order into hard drinkin', hard fightin', hard partyin', but still somewhat insecure, cowboys.

New Silver sales pitch, "Just some buff dudes, hanging out drinking together, probably getting into some fights with guys and arguing about who's the best kisser, while filled with existential dread"

Edited by Fighting a man with a perm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't have the channel but while watching my sister's dog I put it on.  First thing that popped up was Metallica's concert in France which was a helluva show.  So I can't complain much about a channel that has that going for them.  Plus it was nice to see Impact in real time.

Off topic but such a great show and such a cool venue - I'd love to see wrestling there someday

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dark Order turning into a loveable, gayish group of dudes admiring each other is the best pivot. I'm really excited to see how things develop with Hangmin, Silver, and Brodie. So many ways you could go with that. 

Reynolds is such a sneaky funny dude in interviews and sketches. Like, coolly answering "salt" to Lexi's question about favourite season ruled. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jiji said:

Dark Order turning into a loveable, gayish group of dudes admiring each other is the best pivot. I'm really excited to see how things develop with Hangmin, Silver, and Brodie. So many ways you could go with that. 

Reynolds is such a sneaky funny dude in interviews and sketches. Like, coolly answering "salt" to Lexi's question about favourite season ruled. 

I popped pretty huge for that Reynolds answer, and also got a massive kick out of Wardlow being the first name out of Silver's mouth when asked to list his crushes.

Big fan of these spooky perverts, I'll tell you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

I popped pretty huge for that Reynolds answer, and also got a massive kick out of Wardlow being the first name out of Silver's mouth when asked to list his crushes.

Big fan of these spooky perverts, I'll tell you.

This may be the BTE fan in me coming out, but the Dark Order are basically faces in my eyes right now anyway, and you are slowly starting to see that transition to television. Not sure if Hangman becomes a full on member of the group before his pending clash with Brodie (perfect upper midcard match for Revolution), but loving the interactions so far, and is one of the best AEW stories heading into 2021.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jiji said:

Dark Order turning into a loveable, gayish group of dudes admiring each other is the best pivot. I'm really excited to see how things develop with Hangmin, Silver, and Brodie. So many ways you could go with that.

As long as when they finally do a beer toast to each other that Evil Uno has a White Claw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Casey said:

Impact needed a TV network after POP, and Anthem already owned Impact so they went and bought AXS TV. WOW (not GLOW) kind of imploded in on itself, especially after all the Tessa Blanchard shit, and New Japan left around the time when Impact was debuting on the channel. I believe the story at the time was that Anthem wanted a very quick turnaround on an edited down NJPW show to air on the network, like 24 or 48 hours or something. Someone better versed in New Japan lore would know better. Paging @Archibald?

I vaguely remember Anthem pushing for Impact/NJPW deal and using a new AXS TV deal as a carrot. NJPW refused and were dropped by AXS TV. But I'm not sure if that was what actually happened or if it was just a theory going around.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Pac hurt or something? I'm only asking because of the booking for Dynamite where they're teaming The Lucha Brothers with Lance Archer and it seems really strange to do that before you've even put the Death Triangle all together in a match yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

I popped pretty huge for that Reynolds answer, and also got a massive kick out of Wardlow being the first name out of Silver's mouth when asked to list his crushes.

Big fan of these spooky perverts, I'll tell you.

#JoinDarkOrgy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...