DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 12/2/2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

TIL JT is 6’11”

I am like 6'1" but I still feel like I would tower over Hirsh.   The camera takes about a foot off of you.  I am sure she's taller than she looks on television.

I did not really appreciate how ginormous the late Big Van Vader was until I saw him live on the undercard of a WCW show at the Norfolk Scope.  Dude fucking covered our row in shadow when he walked by us.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think the talk of iMPACT stink is overblown. That will not affect AEW in a negative way. The story and how they play it is far more important and going by this past year id say AEW likely has some good ideas of how they will present this. AEW is not WWE pushing a Retribution faction with no plan just cause vince wants to own libs. AEW actually has plans and stuff.

I also think there’s going to be very little impact on tnt other than omega/callis stuff. I could see this as a bunch of youngsters work impact shows, and aew gets some women’s matches and some stuff with Kenny and callis. People are saying this only helps impact and hurts aew. It definitely helps impact but it also potentially gives aew a second show without them actually having a second show yet. Jungle boy and top flight can have two segments on impact and callis can have one segment on dynamite. Seems like a win win. 

• Like 3

Here is the shit that crosses your mind when you are an IT guy specializing in cybersecurity and work logic puzzles for fun to keep your pattern recognition skills sharp.

When Sting entered the ring, he started with the oldest guy in the ring and then glared holes through everyone in the ring in descending order of age.   He saved the youngest for last.

Probably done that way on purpose as a lot of people pissed themselves when Sting and Allin stared daggers at each other's heads.

I have parsed way too many ccws logs tonight.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Infinit said:

There is potential with tag and women's crossover with Impact. I'm not sold on the men's division. The Mooses, Eddie Edwardes and Sami Callihans of the world don't really inspire any interest from me.

You say this now but I imagine we would thoroughly enjoy a Mox/Callihan lights out match at revolution if they don't do an Omega rematch. I get that Callihan is a deplorable human being but that would be a wild match. 

Moose can be goofy fun as a heel too. But yeah, as many have already stated, they're struggling to get quite a few people on TV right now so how in the hell is this going to work? I don't think it'll be a full scape deal but rather build stories that make sense. I've been wrong many, many times though. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jiji said:

You say this now but I imagine we would thoroughly enjoy a Mox/Callihan lights out match at revolution if they don't do an Omega rematch. I get that Callihan is a deplorable human being but that would be a wild match. 

Sami had some violence classics with Mance Warner in MLW, so a feud with Moxley sounds about perfect.

I was actually hoping that Impact would poach Warner from MLW so that I could either see another run of the hellbilly tag-team of Calihan and Warner or watch them beat the holy dogshit out of each other one more time.

There would also be comedy gold in a Mance Warner vs. Adam Page drinking contest.

Edited by J.T.

Ken Shamrock vs. Sting ?

Seriously though. Impact I like for the Knockouts and the goofiness, but they have Willie Mack, TJP, Acey, Fallah Bahh, Moose, and I guess Eric Young, ECIII, and the North in a second tear of guys I'll watch (we'll throw in Dreamer and Swinger for fun too). I have no ROH nostalgia so I'll leave those guys to y'all. They could make for some fun matchups. I'm not much higher on a lot of the AEW roster TBH.

It helps Impact's chances in the feud that their lead guy is the AEW world champion. It's like when they made Steve Austin the head of the Invasion so people thought it might have a whisper of a chance at winning (but not really).

Edited by Godfrey

This is already better than the WWE/WCW Invasion for several reasons.  

1.  AEW and iMPACT are actually separate promotions.  Nobody cares about WWE Owned WCW/ECW. 

2. Kenny Omega is actually real life friends going back decades with Callis and his family (and potentially Gallows/Anderson if they want it). It's not Steve Austin turning on WWE for "reasons" Omega actually has a lot of legit reasons why he may have did this. 

3. No McMahon family drama. That's always a plus in any story. 

4. iMPACT doesn't have many stars in the men's division but if they do want to use them they can.  WWE could never use Sting, Goldberg, Flair, Steiner, etc. 

• Like 3

IMO this is the type of promo Miro should be cutting on TV. Just 10 minutes of him going off on the battle royal from last night. Like put a few minutes of this clip on Dynamite. Or c'mon, they can't squeeze into AEW Dark along with the near 20 matches they are putting on every week? 

16 hours ago, Fighting a man with a perm said:

This x1,000,000. Its one of those things I find infuriating about American TV in general is the amount of recaps. I don't feel like AEW is insulting my intelligence by treating me like a goldfish, "did you see this 5 minutes ago? Forgot it already ya dummu, didn't ya?" 

100% agree on this. Get a good story out of this and that's enough surely. 

Loved the Hangman/DO interactions in the battle Royal. Dark Order seem to be having a lot more fun since Brodie left, I could defo see DO taking Hangman in and when Bridie comes back all angry, Hangman leads the revolt for the big DO face turn to lead the charge against Kenny and new pals. The one shot of Hangman being carried by DO was just really well done! 

Loved the chaotic vibe of the whole show, lots of fun stuff and plenty of little markers for future fun stuff too. Happy out. 

Brodie needs some of the group to stay loyal to him, or else he gets buried.  Anna should not join up with Hangman- she's just better as a heel right now.

Folks want to cheer Colt/Silver/Reynolds.  The other question is how long do you let Page be bullied by Brodie, do it too long and you might do real damage to the character.   Think if the Bryan in the Wyatts stuff went on longer than it did.

11 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am like 6'1" but I still feel like I would tower over Hirsh.   The camera takes about a foot off of you.  I am sure she's taller than she looks on television.

I did not really appreciate how ginormous the late Big Van Vader was until I saw him live on the undercard of a WCW show at the Norfolk Scope.  Dude fucking covered our row in shadow when he walked by us.

I wouldn't have known except they mentioned on commentary that she's 4'11"

I remember how Bret Hart was considered "small" by 80s standards but that dude looked huge when he walked by us at  a house show.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This is already better than the WWE/WCW Invasion for several reasons.  

2. Kenny Omega is actually real life friends going back decades with Callis and his family (and potentially Gallows/Anderson if they want it). It's not Steve Austin turning on WWE for "reasons" Omega actually has a lot of legit reasons why he may have did this. 

Really. What exact reason would a executive vice president of AEW have to turn on the promotion he runs with his other friends of multiple years? I'm curious.

For all the talk about invasions and brand wars (and honestly it would be a disappointment to most if there wasn’t some degree of that), it wouldn’t surprise me if this ultimately boils down to a story about an evil promoter who got in a star’s head, manipulated him and turned him against his friends, for his own personal gain.  That’s a tale as old as time in sports and entertainment.

Would it really be a surprise to anybody if it was revealed that Callis was the guy in Kenny’s ear all along, telling him he’s the best wrestler in the world and he shouldn’t be wasting his time in a team with Hangman?

Edited by EVA
  • Like 9

jesus fucking christ i'm really lost now.

so kenny turned against aew/young bucks? is this a twitter clip posted that i missed, i'm almost sure i haven't blocked anyone on here and thought i'd seen every post.

my dvr has kenny running away, guided by cyrus and cyrus is the one talking about tune in to impact for info. kenny turning on aew was cut off unless this is some twitter/instagram video advancing the story?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

my dvr has kenny running away, guided by cyrus and cyrus is the one talking about tune in to impact for info. kenny turning on aew was cut off unless this is some twitter/instagram video advancing the story?

The idea that everything after the match was improvised by evil mastermind Callis to take advantage of a disoriented Kenny and score a coup for Impact has definitely crossed my mind.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So when Kenny and Hangman lost the belts to FTR, and Kenny stormed out (trying to get the Bucks to come with him) before getting in a black car and speeding off? It was the same car he got in on Wednesday. Someone checked the numberplate and everything.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

So when Kenny and Hangman lost the belts to FTR, and Kenny stormed out (trying to get the Bucks to come with him) before getting in a black car and speeding off? It was the same car he got in on Wednesday. Someone checked the numberplate and everything.

See...that is tremendous attention to detail. Making the driver having an AEW face mask that much more frustrating lol

• Like 1

It sounds crazy, but I've been thinking since Wednesday, and it kind of wouldn't surprise me if Kurt Angle is the next puzzle piece. I just saw a Twitter post the other week where he was training, and he looks like he's in great shape. Not that I'm advocating for AEW to sign another 50+ star, just thinking out loud. 

• Like 1