DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 12/2/2020

Dolfan in NYC

The Winter is Coming theme is lame. Unless they dress up to look like the Wall, in which case they should do this every year. Make it so!

Looking at the battle royal, there's a decent list of potential winners. To push along MJF angles, Sammy or Wardlow would probably be among the best potential finalists. But that one's difficult to narrow down. They could do MJF vs Page again for all I know. Or go completely off board with Miro vs Scorpio Sky or something.

Matt Hardy and Shawn Spears being in this thing while Jurassic Express is MIA is certainly a choice. 

1 hour ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Is it really The Equalizer again this week? It can't be. This is a big night, so you gotta give the people a different look. I'd personally go with an airing of Deepwater Horizon. 

No idea.  I'm just making a joke.  A few weeks ago I bitched about TNT airing the Equalizer AGAIN before Dynamite, and then it turned out they aired it the same night afterward, too!  :D

• Like 1

I really don’t know why they’ve cooled off on Jungle Boy the last few months.  I mean, he was in the eliminator tourney, yes, but he really hasn’t been given much to do outside of that.  Dude was on an insane run in the ring before being banished to Dark.

• Like 1

I mean, I guess they were pushing Darby hard during that window, and they are somewhat of a redundancy in the undersized babyface role, so maybe they were minimizing Jungle Jack to emphasize Darby, but still!  He’s in a tag team!  Do something with the tag team!

1 hour ago, Andy in Kansas said:

I know people push back on the notion of more belts, but the answer is trios belts with Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus, and Marko as the champs or always in the mix when they launch a second show. 

Tony Khan is open to the idea of a trios title.  The members of FTR have been vocal that they'd like to see trios titles in the future, but they believe that the book should be more aggressive in promoting the tag-team scene before moving to six-man belts.

I can't say that I blame them.  We need more Santana / Ortiz vs. Best Friends level tag-team booking than we do trios titles.  Right now, tag-team matches that don't have anything to do with the belts are treated as filler.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EVA said:

I really don’t know why they’ve cooled off on Jungle Boy the last few months.  I mean, he was in the eliminator tourney, yes, but he really hasn’t been given much to do outside of that.  Dude was on an insane run in the ring before being banished to Dark.

I agree that Jungle Boy is trapped in a booking vortex right now, but I wouldn't equate working on Dark to being banished.  The most entertaining feud in AEW, IMO, was between Brandon Cutler and Peter Avalon.   It was the only reason I kept up with and continue to watch Dark.

8 hours ago, Technico Support said:

TNT is okay with an overrun?  SO THE EQUALIZER WON'T START ON TIME AT 10???

I was going to add that I was going to alter my DVR recording to add 30 minutes, but AEW is already scheduled to last until 11PM EST on the cable guide.  The "bonus time" for the main event appears to have already been build in.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1