DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I like Miro as a dork who we know can absolutely wreck you. I like that contrast. But it sure would be nice if he would wreck more people more often. Austin Gunn, Brandon Cutler, Joey Janela, Marko Stunt, Matt Sydal, QT Marshall and Sonny Kiss are just waiting to be obliterated. 

• Like 3

Tonight's Dark lineup-

Aaron Solow vs. Sammy Guevara

Lindsay Snow vs. Penelope Ford

SCU vs. The Hybrid2

Santana & Ortiz vs. Terrence & Terrell Hughes

Danny Limelight vs. Matt Sydal

Leva Bates vs. Madi Wrenkowski

Anna “99’ Jay vs. Jazmin Allure

Fuego Del Sol vs. Griff Garrison

Rey Fenix vs. Vary Morales

John Silver & Alex Reynolds vs. Shawn Dean & Tyson Maddux

Tay Conti vs. Vertvixen

Chaos Project vs. Ariel Levy & Cuervo De Puerto Rico

RYZIN, Nick Comoroto & James Tapia vs. Team Taz

Royal Money, Baron Black & Mike Verna vs. Gunn Club

The Waiting Room w/ special guest Matt Sydal

4 hours ago, zendragon said:

maybe Shawn Spears can insult his fashion sense and Miro can wreck him and we'll all be happy

Not all of us. ?

I thought Spears' promo in that restaurant was pretty good. And he went through the wall in the Waiting Room like Marty Jannetty running away from Shawn Michaels. I'm not really a big fan of "taking-my-ball-and-going-home"  (Summer of Punk notwithstanding) but at least they actually have numbers to give his claim weight since they track records.

And he wears his mohawk way better than Lance wears his extensions.

• Like 1

Poor TH2 having to be the first team to put over CD in SCU's last dance gimmick. I really hope they start featuring them more after Evans and Angelico looked so great against the Bucks. Jack Evans should be the cocky vet that boasts about doing cooler shit 20 years ago than 90% of the young guys do today. Angelico's llave gimmick is just fine. 

• Like 1

Am I out of my mind, or did Taz compare Vary Morales to a "suburban Husky"?  Also, Reynolds with the sexy Dark Order claw towards Shawn Dean is about the greatest thing I saw this evening.

Edited by grilledcheese

Once again, Danny Limelight is the secret MVP of Dark. He's managed to make each of his losses mean something with a little psychology. His match with Fenix last week was laid out well to establish that Fenix was slightly faster and meaner to counter Limelight's fisticuffs, this week Sydal proves he can out fox the younger wrestler. Hope he stays on AEW's radar for a while.

SCU/TH2 was a really good battle of the three letter team names. One last run for SCU is a nice send off, seems like they're headed for a split and I think a heel Kaz destroying his old partner would be a good move for him.