DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Dude, my friend just thought up some hilarious shit. Sting teams with Cody and Darby and THAT is when we get the Cody heel turn and horsemen mk 29535 because Sting. It has to be Sting. Sting and Darby fighting off a fuck tonne of dudes with a baseball bat and skateboard? Uh, yes, please.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As stupid as I think the Shaq garbage is, I think tomorrow is a good night to put it on, along with the first Sting interview, for a taped show. At the very least they are following up on the Shaq nonsense rather than forgetting about it.  Still not sold on it being a good idea though.

Not sure what the normal viewership is, but Impact's Twitch channel had about 53,000 viewers for the Kenny/Callis segment tonight.

Just me personally, a couple years ago, I viewed Impact as nothing more than a skidmark on the business, but they had me watching the final segment tonight.

a little cross posting here  

Three things I loved on the iMPACT deal

Tony Khan asking Schiavone about the time he worked in iMPACT and Schiavone says  "I did and then I left the business for 18 years"  

Kenny Omega flicking away Moxley's nameplate and saying to Matthews "You knew Ambrose right?"  

Callis absolutely CRUSHING....    

So they didn't make too mahy big announcements other than Omega is probably going to take Swann's belt,  they have a segment on Dynamite so obviously more will happen there.  

The big thing I noticed I asked someone what iMPACT usually does on twitch and they said maybe a few thousand viewers.  Tonight it got up to 52,000! 

• Like 5

So based on all that was said tonight, this definitely seems like it’s going to be about Don & Kenny as a heel act on both shows and not Impact vs. AEW.

That said, Coach Tony also seemed to be antagonizing the Impact tag division, so some kind of crossover there seems likely.

• Like 4

We will see how far it gets. We could still be in the leather helmet, Finn Balor making bang bang motions with his fingers stage of this angle. Or it could be isolated to just Omega and Callis. 

Omega casually flicking away Moxley’s nameplate like it was trash was awesome. Also picking on poor Josh Mathews. I had almost forgotten how good Mathews was as an announcer in WWE and often overlooked. 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

Marko Stunt's musical act looks and sounds like somebody's nephew playing for exposure next to the long-empty catering troughs at a vape store retail convention. You could hack a Billy Bass to play "Santeria" on loop for just as much suck & none of the price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

If this angle makes Tony Khan an on screen character im gonna be pissed

Amen brother!

I honestly think Tony Khan is smart enough not to make overly-regular appearances.

We know he's there, so he pops up from time to time when he can add value.

Like that wasn't hilarious. And we *know* that it was riffing on McMemphis.

It's completely fine to be meta/4th wall as long as it adds value and doesn't shit in your viewers' eyes, ears and mouth.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Web Conn said:

If this angle makes Tony Khan an on screen character im gonna be pissed

Yep. Tony was a fine douchebag in that cute video but Cody could have done it. I’m fine if it ends there.

I get that duty calls for The Living Tribunal to show up and overrule Galactus every few years or whatever, but that’s all it should ever be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Yep. Tony was a fine douchebag in that cute video but Cody could have done it. I’m fine if it ends there.

LOL yeah, everybody would have LOVED Cody interjecting himself into this storyline.?

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

If this Kenny/Impact angle is leading to him mummified in belts like Mutoh or Ultimo Dragon back in the day, I'm all for it. Don Callis is knocking it out of the park too, Kenny cut an okay promo but Don should be his mouthpiece.

• Like 3

As I suspected, the Omega/Callis team is gonna completely rule.  Callis has always been underrated.  Don worked the should’ve been weak-nothing Network angle in ECW into some really fun stuff - Rrrrrrock n Bowl!  With this Main event angle, I have no doubt, he’ll shine and fly as high as he ever has.  Kenny was awesome here too.  Wonderful heel!  I liked The Tonys too.  Nice green screen.    I didn’t see anything else from the impact show - sounds like they failed to capitalize on the eyes with any sort of better show.  Not really a surprise.  Anyway, stoked for tonight’s second promo.

• Like 3