DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2020

Dolfan in NYC

And yet, he still hasn't had the highest of high end singles matches. I think the future Page matches are where we see it. It's hard to have an all-timer with those fucking commercial breaks though, which leads to the PPV matches probably going a bit too long to feel like they're worthy of your money. It's a bit of a conundrum that they haven't really nailed, Kenny included. You want to give people good matches on TV, save the best stuff on PPV, but there's a bit of an imbalance with how they've tried to pull it off. I get that the commercials are largely out of their hands. Stations want something important to hook people to stick around for the breaks. I get that. But it's having a serious detrimental effect on the match quality, PIP or not.

• Like 2

I'm only a few minutes into watching this ep... but Eddie Kingston genuinely enjoying watching some of the boys play UNO is just delightful. Worth watching just for that, in my opinion.  

EDIT: I got four or five good, legit, belly laughs out of the episode. Kazarian got in an all-time "DO YA?!" and the last line of the video just slayed me. Very  nice delivery.

ALSO EDIT (speaking of Eddie Kingston):

@DreamBrokenposted this clip on the Dynamite thread. I have to say, I'm looking forward to all of the people who "only" watch Dynamite and Dark and don't try to keep up with the Youtube extras being all confused when the "crowd" starts chanting "punk-@$$ b*tc#" at Kingston this week.

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 5

Jon Silver crying whilst drunk has just made him rise to a whole new level in my eyes. That bit was pure genius. Colt losing his shoes, 10 being sweaty for some reason, Evil Uno saying Dark Orgy....just comedic gold.

At first I wasn't really into Anger Management Kazarian, preferring Blackjack Lanza Kazarian instead, but after that curse-filled tirade he may have won me over.

And so happy to see Shawn Dean win something!

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 2

Down for a Shaq segment or two without it turning into that mixed tag match, or any other match. End it with someone taking a splash or something. 

Edit: I mean someone taking a splash in a pool or something, not shaq trying to kill himself and someone else. 

Edited by matt925

I think Eddie calling Fenix a spot monkey was way funnier than the "crowd" chanting "punk ass bitch" at Eddie. 

HOLY SHIT THAT JUSHIN LIGERxMOTORHEAD SHIRT ON EVIL UNO!!! That is the coolest fucking piece of gear I've seen in ages. If you tell me where that is I will try and buy it. (Eddie's Liquid Swords shirt is baller as fuck too. I'm getting a Wu logo one for Xmas, hopefully, since my Walmart one shrank. I probably should have asked for a Liquid Swords one instead.) 

"Will you join our dark orgy man?" ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I think Eddie calling Fenix a spot monkey was way funnier than the "crowd" chanting "punk ass bitch" at Eddie. 

HOLY SHIT THAT JUSHIN LIGERxMOTORHEAD SHIRT ON EVIL UNO!!! That is the coolest fucking piece of gear I've seen in ages. If you tell me where that is I will try and buy it. (Eddie's Liquid Swords shirt is baller as fuck too. I'm getting a Wu logo one for Xmas, hopefully, since my Walmart one shrank. I probably should have asked for a Liquid Swords one instead.) 

"Will you join our dark orgy man?" ?

Dude, I had to pause the video just to marvel at that shirt.  But clicking on the link now it says they're sold out.  Sonofabitch!  I was so gonna buy that on payday but I guess it's not meant to be.

And BTE was incredibly entertaining.  I loved the Dark Order stuff though part of me cringed when Stu drank out of the bottle.  I know they test negative but I still wouldn't take chances with stuff like that.  Other than that it was great stuff all around.  Good timing having Adam come in as soon as the title match ends.  Gonna be interesting to see what happens next.  And I absolutely adore seeing the BTE Championship stuff going on as you can really sense the camaraderie between those backstage.  And good for Sean going for the belt.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, El Gran Gordi said:

I'm only a few minutes into watching this ep... but Eddie Kingston genuinely enjoying watching some of the boys play UNO is just delightful. Worth watching just for that, in my opinion.  

EDIT: I got four or five good, legit, belly laughs out of the episode. Kazarian got in an all-time "DO YA?!" and the last line of the video just slayed me. Very  nice delivery.

ALSO EDIT (speaking of Eddie Kingston):

@DreamBrokenposted this clip on the Dynamite thread. I have to say, I'm looking forward to all of the people who "only" watch Dynamite and Dark and don't try to keep up with the Youtube extras being all confused when the "crowd" starts chanting "punk-@$$ b*tc#" at Kingston this week.

Tony Khan has asked them not to swear on TV.

PPV is fine but not TV.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I loved the Dark Order stuff though part of me cringed when Stu drank out of the bottle.

I felt the same way about nobody wearing a mask except for Eddie during the Uno game. It felt incongruous and made me think these guys should still be doing that. 

The no swearing rule is stupid. That's part of AEW not being like the competition. I mean Brodie's string of fucks is obviously too much but c'mon. 

Something that's been a big thing recently is those enamel pins with band logos. Back in the day it was nothing but pins and patches but these really elaborate painted ceramic-looking things are all over now. 

• Like 1

Wow. I mean I guess I'm not shocked but still kind of surprising to see it. I hope he's in working shape so he doesn't have to Flair it up in a t-shirt. IT'S WHAT MATTERS MOST TO US WRESTLING FANS DAMMIT. 

• Like 1