DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK.

5 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIgpik4h7Pt/ 

Becky announces the birth of her and Seth's child, Roux. 

Congrats to The Man and The Man's man.

Seth's shoot name is Colby Lopez.

Becky and Seth are not married AFAIK, so I am assuming the kid's legal name will Roux Lopez assuming that they do not give the baby Becky's maiden name (Quin?).

Roux is Latin for red.

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Gogle says they were going to be married in May, but was postponed due to the pandemic. If they got married before the baby, its apparently not yet public.

Do you consider this Gogle-guy a legitimate source? Speaking of legitimate... if they had to post pone the wedding and are not yet married... hmm.

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone remember what Hornswoggle was called, before he got that name?

• Haha 2

so CM Punk was on Renee's podcast, and he mentioned that someone in WWE got a role on a TV show playing a wrestler because they knew someone in the company that was producing the show or something. Needless to say, WWE got a whiff of this and nixed it, and suggested John Cena instead and the rest is history. But what show did Cena appear on where he played a wrestler? I looked at his TV credits on Wikipedia - granted I don't know some of the shows, like the cartoons, and not well versed in Psych, but it didn't appear any of those roles were for a wrestling character. Maybe he meant a movie?

But yeah the clip I saw on YouTube was him questioning why it's okay for Xavier Woods to be a host on G4, but people can't have Twitch accounts - and I think the answer to that is pretty easy and obvious (WWE is getting a cut of it most likely).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DouglasC said:

Here is a great article about one of my favourite features from an arena, and some fun photos too!

I loved it when matches from Toronto would show up on Prime Time because of that ramp.  I fashioned my own out of a shoe box to use with my LJN toy ring.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

@Casey, was it this movie? Legendary

I dunno, the way Punk was describing it was that it was a project (he said TV, but...) that was outside of WWE's bubble, and the wrestler knew someone in the production company and got the role that way. But then WWE found out about it, and told them they couldn't have (insert wrestler here) but they can have John Cena instead.

Legendary is a WWE Studios production, so I can't see them getting bent out of shape about the casting of a particular wrestler and suggesting someone else when it's a WWE Studios project in the first place. Plus I'm not even sure if it was a movie and Punk just misspoke by saying a TV show, or what. I'm just very confused and interested for some reason. Upon first hearing what he said, I thought he was gonna start talking about Cody Rhodes being on Arrow or something. But it went another way.

4 hours ago, Casey said:

so CM Punk was on Renee's podcast, and he mentioned that someone in WWE got a role on a TV show playing a wrestler because they knew someone in the company that was producing the show or something. Needless to say, WWE got a whiff of this and nixed it, and suggested John Cena instead and the rest is history. But what show did Cena appear on where he played a wrestler? I looked at his TV credits on Wikipedia - granted I don't know some of the shows, like the cartoons, and not well versed in Psych, but it didn't appear any of those roles were for a wrestling character. Maybe he meant a movie?

I was listening to this clip earlier. I recall hearing a story like this years ago, and it was said to be a commercial someone lost out on.

16 hours ago, J.T. said:

Congrats to The Man and The Man's man.

Seth's shoot name is Colby Lopez.

Becky and Seth are not married AFAIK, so I am assuming the kid's legal name will Roux Lopez assuming that they do not give the baby Becky's maiden name (Quin?).

Roux is Latin for red.

This might be the greatest of all-time “J.T. doesn’t read the board” post.  So many posts ignored in a single reply! 

Edited by EVA
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I was listening to this clip earlier. I recall hearing a story like this years ago, and it was said to be a commercial someone lost out on.

I remember a story about Under Armor wanting Shelton due to his college athletic background but WWE said they could have Cena or no one and they walked away. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Log said:

I've heard rumors that Rollins might actually be named Colby Lopez, FYI.  

Shut the front door! Where did you hear that? This is the first time I read about something like that! Colby Lopez you say? Wait... nope, never heard that one before, anywhere , ever.

Edited by Shartnado
News to me. ..
  • Like 1

Back when Seth was dating that racist homophobic lesbian nazi woman, I was trying to make a joke about how upset she'd be to find out he wasn't really called Rollins and everyone no-sold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1