DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK.

29 minutes ago, AxB said:

So I just saw Sarah Rowe (off the Rioty Squad) complaining on twitter that her Instagram is being suppressed and her views and interactions are way down. But then she said "I don't post anything controversial, I just post things that reflect traditional American values".

Really not inclined to check exactly what she's alluding to there, but it sounds ominous. 

It’s always a conspiracy with these social media types.  The answer is never “maybe people just aren’t that into my posts.”  There is no place for introspection with these people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

That this is not important enough to be discussed in multiple threads?

Maybe? I rarely read out of the main threads on here, so my bad if it's a repost.

Edited by Edwin

7 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

One day...hopefully soon, the admins create an AEW forum. One day.

Let's hope they do...

And let's not act like this is the first cross post as cross posting is a staple of this board.

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Let's hope they do...

And let's not act like this is the first cross post as cross posting is a staple of this board.

I would imagine that's something that folks would like be cut down on.

53 minutes ago, EVA said:

It’s always a conspiracy with these social media types.  The answer is never “maybe people just aren’t that into my posts.”  There is no place for introspection with these people.

Yeah, it's "I'm getting fewer likes than I did six months ago, someone is out to get me!" as if it never occurred to her that going from being a television celebrity earlier in the year, to being a retired wrestler married to one of the Viking War Raider Party Experience (who aren't on telly either) could in any way reduce the volume of people who find her photos interesting.

• Thanks 2

Just glanced at Rowe's instagram... yeah, maybe don't add politics to your posts, ever, if you want to keep engagement with the general public. Kinda like how we don't talk about it here because it just makes everyone mad... so I'll end this here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, elizium said:

That's exactly the reason I hated Greg Valentine as a kid, his legs looked super disturbing to me, just two smooth, oily sausages

Dog, yes,  I  had extremely visceral negative reactions as a kid to him and Buddy Rose for being weird and doughy. 

Then I grew up to be weird and doughy so I guess that's irony.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Edwin said:

JDS was also the manager who got Abdullah the Butcher to break character at a live event and got him to dance in front of the crowd. Abdullah went from being a foreigner monster to being a lovable and adored by the fans.

Oh crap I remember that! I HAD to have seen it. It was one of the most surreal things ever. 

10 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Yeah! Any idea how fluent Mox's Japanese is? Imagine how long it will take him to get through all that stuff if he is nowhere near fluent?

He knows that Shota is pronounced "Shooter".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More than anything, Sarah posts hunting pics (as I've been told, I don't follow any of her social media). Apparently, some fans complained and she pretty much said stop following her if they didn't like it.

So that, along with not being on TV, equals less social engagement. Hardly a movement against the third-most popular member of the Riott Squad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

She didn't realize that IG is for cute animals and pictures of food? 

Anything else and you doing too much...

She had pics of herself doing some heavy lifting while pregnant and a few people asked if it was healthy.  She had pics hunting bears and other shit and people seemed to heavily dislike it.  I get that it's her IG and she can post what she wants, but don't complain when people decide it's not for them and you aren't getting the "likes" that you used to get. 

• Like 1