DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK.

Royal Rumble will be in the thunderdome. The restrictions of having no fans in Florida are lifted but I doubt WWE will bring in fans.

Seems WWE is planning a Lucha Libre Show tv show for the U.S. market and maybe for Mexico. They want Chavo G Jr to consul on the show.

Edited by D.Z

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Royal Rumble will be in the thunderdome. The restrictions of having no fans in Florida are lifted but I doubt WWE will bring in fans.

Seems WWE is planning a Lucha Libre Show tv show for the U.S. market and maybe for Mexico. They want Chavo G Jr to consul on the show.

Working title: "WWE Good Lucha Thing"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mister TV said:

Switch it from unfrozen Nazi to unfrozen 1950’s Soviet and that gimmick would have been money. 

I'd rather have an Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer gimmick. He'd be a great heel mouthpiece.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Casey said:

people giving Edge shit was justified, seemed (seems?) like you were trying to defend him.

I was team Hardy at the time. Met Matt when it happened. He came in to work AJ Styles and Justin Idol.  I believe Gorman did the call on the AJ match??   But either way I was expecting Edge to be a prick and he was 100% the opposite, signed my hat and chatted for quite sometime. Matt Hardy had a new Gf pretty fast after the breakup too.  

What a wild angle that was. Many fans were wondering how they could work together or if Matt would shoot on Edge.  Fun times. 

23 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's not cool to cheat but it's something that falls into the "none of my business"  category.  

Guess it depends on ones morality. Likely, anyone with a very puritan outlook on things would probably not be a wrestling fan. ?

• Like 1

Just now, odessasteps said:

It's also funny to include Chavito, who is not exactly a textbook definition of "lucha practicioner". 

Admittedly, better than involving Carlos. 

I wondered about that too.  I know he has the family connection but hasn't he spent essentially his entire career in the US?

3 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I wondered about that too.  I know he has the family connection but hasn't he spent essentially his entire career in the US?

Off the top of my head, I can't recall him working for CMLL or AAA. 

Wasnt he part of the TV show that featured lucha wrestlers (and I don't mean GLOW)? 

8 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Pretty sure everyone here knows what happened but yeah.

Does everyone know that Lita and Edge never actually slept together? She put the brakes on everything before it got that far. I feel like this is a part of the story that never gets talked about. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So for fun I'm watching WWE Timeline covering the Danielson/Miz rivalry and especially that promo.

Goes into all kinds of background and angles and covers a couple years etc

Okay so get to the point right, lmao. During Danielsons' retirement they got AEW ref Aubrey Edwards in the crowd as one of the fans losing their shit over D-Bry having to hang up the boots. Ain't even recognize her at first, so used to her in the referee uniform. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Does everyone know that Lita and Edge never actually slept together? She put the brakes on everything before it got that far. I feel like this is a part of the story that never gets talked about. 

But they had live sex on raw. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I think getting burner phones to hide whatever was going on between them is pretty damning to alot of people.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Casey said:

people giving Edge shit was justified, 

Not really.  It’s none of our concern in the slightest.  It should have been a private matter between four adults.

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 3