DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK.

18 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

They announced an INFERNO MATCH a couple days before the PPV?  What? ?

God damn pal, that's a hell of an attraction... like one maybe you'd wanna promote? On TV? Or nah? 9 Hours of TV a week, but let's not use ANY of it to promote an INFERNO MATCH? LOL. Okay.

You've never actually seen an inferno match, have you? Ain't no one going to get excited for that shit.

Edited by mattdangerously
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

See how TNT got the AEW wrestlers to recreate scenes from A Christmas Story, because that's TNT's big Xmas movie?

What are the big Xmas movies on USA and Fox that the Raw and Smackdown superstars should be recreating? I hope one of them is Die Hard. Big E playing John McClain would be brilliant.

• Like 2

The entire idea is that they're doing that because it's basically a tradition that TBS does 24 hours of A Christmas Story every year. USA doesn't do anything like that, and I think Fox just does football or something probably.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AxB said:

See how TNT got the AEW wrestlers to recreate scenes from A Christmas Story, because that's TNT's big Xmas movie?

What are the big Xmas movies on USA and Fox that the Raw and Smackdown superstars should be recreating? I hope one of them is Die Hard. Big E playing John McClain would be brilliant.

OIP.P7tYHzlp37l7xPAny7Vo3wHaFj?pid=Api&w

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AxB said:

You know Vince would change that at the last minute to Big E playing Argyle the limousine driver.

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

For the price of $449.99 you can buy a cameo vid from Drew Mcintyre.    Anyone paying this price is out of their minds.  Once fans are allowed at arenas show up early and half the guys/girls will take pics/sign for free. You would get more time with them than spending $449.99 for sure.  These cameo vid's are the biggest ripoffs going today. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

For the price of $449.99 you can buy a cameo vid from Drew Mcintyre.    Anyone paying this price is out of their minds.  Once fans are allowed at arenas show up early and half the guys/girls will take pics/sign for free. You would get more time with them than spending $449.99 for sure.  These cameo vid's are the biggest ripoffs going today. 

Epocaf7XEAANgvW?format=png&name=small

Respect to Edge.

• Like 2

some heel should just charge ridiculous fees for his Cameo as a gimmick.

Also, I was reading Wikipedia, and this is an amazing paragraph for many reasons. I'm sure it has been mentioned before in some way but.

In 2008, former WWE writer Dan Madigan revealed that in 2004 he had pitched directly to Vince McMahon an idea to have Heidenreich return as a Nazi stormtrooper named Baron Von Bava, who had been cryogenically frozen before being revived by Paul Heyman (A Jewish son of a Holocaust survivor), complete with Heidenreich wearing the red armband with the swastika and even goose-stepping to the ring. While WWE would eventually have Heyman manage Heidenreich, the pitch was considered so shocking that McMahon left the board room speechless and didn't return for the rest of the day. The pitch led to Madigan leaving WWE later that year

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Epocaf7XEAANgvW?format=png&name=small

Respect to Edge.

People were giving Edge shit when the Matt Hardy/Lita stuff went down.  I met him the night he cashed in after the Batista-Taker cage match  and he couldn't have been a nicer guy. He talked for at least 20 mins. I saw where he tweeted the girl happy birthday and it had to have made her day. 

I don't know if it's WWE, the workers, or Cameo charging that kind of money but whoever it is should be ashamed and kicked in the balls hard. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

People were giving Edge shit when the Matt Hardy/Lita stuff went down.  I met him the night he cashed in after the Batista-Taker cage match  and he couldn't have been a nicer guy. He talked for at least 20 mins. I saw where he tweeted the girl happy birthday and it had to have made her day. 

I don't know if it's WWE, the workers, or Cameo charging that kind of money but whoever it is should be ashamed and kicked in the balls hard. 

I've liked Edge since 2002. I was just thinking about that Batista/Undertaker cage match and Edge cashing in his MITB contract on the 11th of May 2007 Smackdown today. Glad he was a cool guy to you. Thanks for sharing. With you on all you say in the second paragraph.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

I've liked Edge since 2002. I was just thinking about that Batista/Undertaker cage match and Edge cashing in his MITB contract on the 11th of May 2007 Smackdown today. Glad he was a cool guy to you. Thanks for sharing. With you on all you say in the second paragraph.

I believe he was married to Val Venis's sister. Was that right?

6 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

some heel should just charge ridiculous fees for his Cameo as a gimmick.

Also, I was reading Wikipedia, and this is an amazing paragraph for many reasons. I'm sure it has been mentioned before in some way but.

Switch it from unfrozen Nazi to unfrozen 1950’s Soviet and that gimmick would have been money. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Pretty sure everyone here knows what happened but yeah.

Also some good news.  WWE Network is adding 10 classic Superstars episodes from 1993 today. So we do get classic content after all

And my Xmas holiday started today, so I know what I'll be watching once TLC is through! Good times!

• Like 1