DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK.

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, they did try you again in the Continuation War, which I didn't know about until now. The more you know... 

But anyway I'd like to think Scandinavia is pretty much off-limits whereas the UN are murkier about Ukraine and other satellite countries. 

Yeah, there's a super valid reason us Finns don't like to talk about that one! Our own little "wait, doesn't that make us the bad guys, then?"-moment.

I wonder if Vince had an unwritten rule about only pushing one Brothers in the WWF in the 80s to early 90s. Savage was the Star Poffo was a jobber, Same with Cowboy Bob Orton Jr and Barry O. Bret Hart upper mid card and Owen as the Blue Blazer. Each of these guys are very good in the ring in their own right and very different from their sibling on top of fact that each pair of siblings were never acknowledged as being related. The only example of to siblings getting pushed or both in relatively top spots was Rockin Robin and Jake and even them Sam Houston was the jobber between them. Its wasn't till Bret vs Owen feud that you had 2 siblings and the top of the card. If Barry O came along 10 years later he'd have been higher on the card in WCW or WWF heck even ECW.

Its just funny now because guys come in with completely different names than their fathers or immediate family members and they acknowledge that so and so is the son of so and so even if the gimmick is completely unrelated to that persons lineage 

Edited by Ziggy

3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I wonder if Vince had an unwritten rule about only pushing one Brothers in the WWF in the 80s to early 90s. Savage was the Star Poffo was a jobber, Same with Cowboy Bob Orton Jr and Barry O. Bret Hart upper mid card and Owen as the Blue Blazer. Each of these guys are very good in the ring in their own right and very different from their sibling on top of fact that each pair of siblings were never acknowledged as being related. The only example of to siblings getting pushed or both in relatively top spots was Rockin Robin and Jake and even them Sam Houston was the jobber between them. Its wasn't till Bret vs Owen feud that you had 2 siblings and the top of the card. If Barry O came along 10 years later he'd have been higher on the card in WCW or WWF heck even ECW.

Its just funny now because guys come in with completely different names than their fathers or immediate family members and they acknowledge that so and so is the son of so and so even if the gimmick is completely unrelated to that persons lineage 

the tradition continues into the modern era (Bray Wyatt, Bo Dallas)

maybe his Wheat/Chaff assumption about tag teams extends to families too.

32 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

the tradition continues into the modern era (Bray Wyatt, Bo Dallas)

maybe his Wheat/Chaff assumption about tag teams extends to families too.

Like his own (Shane, Steph, make your own choice which one is which)!

So the WWE posted another video this morning teasing the Drew McIntyre Broken Skull Session

The only reason I am mentioning it is because near the end, Drew seems to imply that him vs. Tyson Fury will headline a UK PPV sometime in the future.

Considering Vince cracking down on guys doing angles without approval well... take it for what its worth

(And yes I know that Drew/Fury has long been teased for a Saudi show)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EVA said:

I think it’s pretty clear which is which in Vince’s eyes.

cue the classic screenshot of the Vince McMahon John Cena Birthday Tweet vs the Vince McMahon Shane O'Mac Birthday Tweet, etc etc.

14 minutes ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

So rumblings indicate USA wants RAW to have more adult content, by which it means more violent, dark content. But then Randy Orton did try to burn Bray Wyatt to death so not completely sure what that they could have in mind. 

sex

you think an all Tables/Ladders/Chairs matches show is contrived and tedious, wait until you see the all Evening Gown/Bra N' Panties/Mud match show

49 minutes ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

So rumblings indicate USA wants RAW to have more adult content, by which it means more violent, dark content. But then Randy Orton did try to burn Bray Wyatt to death so not completely sure what that they could have in mind. 

Randy Orton succeeding in burning Bray Wyatt to death. 

They announced an INFERNO MATCH a couple days before the PPV?  What? ?

God damn pal, that's a hell of an attraction... like one maybe you'd wanna promote? On TV? Or nah? 9 Hours of TV a week, but let's not use ANY of it to promote an INFERNO MATCH? LOL. Okay.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
  • Like 2