DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK.

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Vince is also Monty Burns more and more ever passing day. One day he loves someone. The next WHO ARE YOU? WHY ARE YOU GET...GET OUT GET OUT"

Who is Vince's Homer Simpson, the guy working for him forever, doing lot of shit over the years, sometimes doing (less than) the bare minimum to pass but Burns (Vince) never seems to remember? Ziggler? Bo Dallas?

Edited by Robert s

People used to make fun of WCW for paying Lanny Poffo to sit at home for years. But WWE surely does love paying people to go to the gym and work out.

• Like 2

That is the biggest problem with WWE "development"

They need to wrestle fucking matches.

It used to be what the Florida Loop was for and even that wasn't great since it was really 2 matches a week.

And those days are officially over

Now I do think it should be acknowledged that some of those dudes absolutely need more work but that is again more an issue with them calling people up like 6 months after they have started wrestling instead of the type of training they are getting

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

how much does one get paid per year if they're in year 6 of developmental? living year-round in Orlando is probably pretty good in the scheme of things. Imagine how much the people who had to live in Louisville for developmental wanted to get out of there 15 years ago

Guys in OVW used to occasionally mention that they don't make any money while cutting promos. Trailer Park Trash turned heel and cut a promo about how he could finally afford to move out of his trailer after he and Flash Flanagan won the tag titles. 

Wasn't Madden on commentary for a while? I figured they had just decided to cut their loses with him as a worker and just have him do that till his contract ran out.

Keith Lee being sent back is especially puzzling considering they just had that mini doc on him that aired after Takeover. You'd think they had plans for him with such a showcase.

Splitting up Heavy Machinery was yet another boneheaded decision of taking a perfectly good tag team/stable and having all involved go on to nothing.

• Like 2

they committed fully to Brock Lesnar in 2002/2003 and he said Fuck It I'm Out in 2004 anyway to take a flyer on MAYBE being the last scrub on the Vikings' roster.

they will never commit to developing a star again so that no one can leave them at the altar again [because it's a shit place to work so who wouldn't leave for Hollywood as soon as Hollywood became an option?]

Vince is the teenage girl who lost their virginity to a scumbag of a boy who cheated on her, and thus learns to be jealous and controlling and smothering until everyone is driven away, proving her right.  Until that first boy comes crawling back and she lets him walk all over her again.

There thus "has to be" something wrong with Keith Lee and with everyone else who comes along so there's a rationale for not making them The One because The One will inevitably break their heart anew.  No talking or even looking at other girls.  Who is this "Under Armor" in your contact list, Shelton, is she prettier than me?  You're screwing her on the side, aren't you?  Fuck Off!  Break up with them before they can break up with you.  Fuck And Run.  Hot and cold.  Never commit.  And it's always "they" who fucked up, didn't want it enough, etc. etc.

Never risk feeling love and thus chancing heartbreak ever again.  Sabotage relationships and partners as needed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Are Lee, Otis, etc. actually demoted?  I.E., sent back to NXT or whatever?  The articles on Meltzet’s website doesn’t say anything about the wrestlers in question being removed from the main roster.  What the writeup actually says is they were asked/told to take extra classes at the pc on Tuesday/Thursday (non-tv days).  

I’m a little confused.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Why wouldn’t they get Albert to train them? His US run was a failure(Due entirely to his look, and not being any bigger than most big guys in wrestling at the the time), but it’s pretty obvious he understands how to play a big man in the ring.

Albert is the head of the whole system, he's got way too many responsibilities. They have like 100 people training at the PC at a time. Like 8 rings full of different classes. He's got to be able to be up to speed on all 100 workers' progresses and make sure everything is running smoothly.

But the point is moot because you don't have to be a big guy to explain how to work like a big guy. I'm sure experience big men workers have a few more tricks in their bag, but any performer that understands ring work at a high level, like a Gulak or Pearce, can definitely explain the psychology of why a big man works how he should. Just like most big men could probably explain how to work like a small guy to green small guys. Working a match isn't a one person job. There's always at least two involved. You get a lot of experience and knowledge of styles that aren't your own just by planning a match. And picking the person's brain asking why they do it that way, ect.

I bet Shawn Michaels could explain the ins and outs of why Undertaker does a lot of what he does during a match. I'm sure Undertaker could explain the ins and outs if why Shawn Michaels does a lot of what he does during a match.

Regardless, this is fucking dumb. Keith Lee is a high end worker. Otis is acceptable for his spot on the card. Dabbo-kato & Dio have both been in the system for YEARS. If YEARS of classes haven't gotten it in their heads, I don't think one more is gonna do it. But whatever, Vince gonna Vince.

20 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Are Lee, Otis, etc. actually demoted?  I.E., sent back to NXT or whatever?  The articles on Meltzet’s website doesn’t say anything about the wrestlers in question being removed from the main roster.  What the writeup actually says is they were asked/told to take extra classes at the pc on Tuesday/Thursday (non-tv days).  

I’m a little confused.

They are all still main roster guys. They work Monday or Friday. But on Tuesdays & Thursdays they are also now required to show up at the PC and do classes. Which everyone not on the main roster already does Monday-Friday. It's less of a demotion and more of an insult.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’s a top topic, but I don’t watch WWE. So for those watching is Keith Lee “Killing it”, or do you see something(Whether it’s the wrestler himself, or the creative) that’s not clicking?

The Wrestler is great. The creative... yeah. The creative is the creative.

It's probably some bullshit like Keith doesn't smile enough or play to the hard camera bullshit or they want to water down his move set. Im sure it's completely stupid...  but yes Nia remains to terrorize her co-workers and fans at home.

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1