DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

Man I need to find those COdy/Goldust matches. They still aren't on YouTube outside of someone recording them with their phones.

But thanks Natural.

The most annoying thing on the internet is people recording TV on their phones and then uploading it to YouTube. It's why a pathogen that targets low IQs is essential for mankind.

• Like 4

Man I need to find those COdy/Goldust matches. They still aren't on YouTube outside of someone recording them with their phones.

But thanks Natural.

You're welcome. I preferred the first Reigns/Rollins vs. Cody/Goldust match at Battleground to the RAW match. Can't go wrong with either.

If someone told you to compile a list of the best matches that featured the Shield, what would you tell them?

I would say start with TLC from 2012, then watch all of 2013.

I want to see Batista return tonight. Take out The Big Show to help Randy Orton retain. Then take out Randy Orton. Win the Rumble. Take the title at 'Mania.

Book it!

/mark

• Like 1

But thanks Natural.

The most annoying thing on the internet is people recording TV on their phones and then uploading it to YouTube. It's why a pathogen that targets low IQs is essential for mankind.

A vague acquaintance of mine once said he knows a guy who is rumoured to simply download full shows, both the weekly shows and the Pay-Per-Views. It all sounds rather shady to me and I would personally never do such a thing, but in this day and age, I wouldn't be surprised. But, of course, what kind of sick, twisted, demented mind would do such a thing? It sends chills down my spine.

But thanks Natural.

And then putting a giant watermark on it. 

• Like 1

The worst thing is all the idiots who upload their Smackdown vs Raw versions of this week's matches (but still use a picture of the real match as the video ID). ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH,

This is the fucking worst.

Yes it is.  100x fucking worse than recording with your phone.  Slightly more annoying than matches with action figures.

• Like 1

All these videos with Batista's theme song makes me sad that we haven't seen the HHH or Randy Orton in the ring talking about how no one can stop them, and then have a famous theme song play while they stooge around and act shocked....before they laugh because they just trolled the shit out of everyone. The last time I remember the theme song fake out was HBK doing it with Bret Hart's theme in Canada.

All these videos with Batista's theme song makes me sad that we haven't seen the HHH or Randy Orton in the ring talking about how no one can stop them, and then have a famous theme song play while they stooge around and act shocked....before they laugh because they just trolled the shit out of everyone. The last time I remember the theme song fake out was HBK doing it with Bret Hart's theme in Canada.

It is a terrible idea and has never worked. I can't think of a single time it did not kill a crowd. 

• Like 1

Vic, you are generally pretty hard to sway on this stuff, but it did nothing of the sort. Edge squashing Hardy at Summerslam was the main culprit, but the start of that feud was attitude era hot and moments like the one you do vehemently hate did a ton to cement Edge's heel character and put him in the main event.

They recovered once they could actually do matches and leave the shoot horseshit aside. 

That bit at the wedding was terrible because once Matt actually showed up, it fell flat. 

They should have actually had Matt run out when his theme hit and let him ruin the wedding instead of Kane. Instead WWE were clinging to worked shoot horseshit. 

Matt should not have been put in a position to do promos. He should have just did some two minute promo with "Fuck you Edge, I hope you die." Instead of having to do something longer. 

Again once they could actually do matches, the feud was fine. But WWE did everything they could to kill it. 

I agree with Victator.  Matt's music at the wedding was one of my personal biggest mark moments and, judging by the crowd reaction, many other's.  When he finally did show up after that, though, the reaction was almost nothing, and in my personal case, I just did not care at all.