DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

RE:David. It's OK, per folks over at the Wrestlezone, Benoit didn't even do it, after all.

Friend, don't go into the wild lightly. Apparently they don't like Mark Henry or something.

Wait, people like that exist? I thought they were just an urban legend.

I just figured out why I am in love with NXT so much. It reminds me of old WCW B-Shows. Saturday Night in particular. I am in love man. 

Funny thing though, on Tweet, I see a lot of the NXT girls say that they can't wait until they are called up. It is funny that during the time of those Tweets, the damn Musical Chairs nonsense was on. I am thinking, "Why on earth would this make you want to be called up." I guess pay? But there is no way Paige and/or Emma will be respected on the main show.

Can we ever get to a point where these women's actually skills are presented and not their backsides and titties?

Because there's some stigma that the women on TV right now are only there because they are models.. When in reality, looks matter to everyone on the roster. But I think Total Divas have helped the women get more air time. Instead of quick 90 second matches, they are giving them 5 minute matches. And I do think more are fun to watch than not. Brie has made the most of her longer matches:

SgbSq0U_zpscd0f200f.gif

Only problem is that the WWE has trained it's audience to think women are useless. Most people watching or giving reviews to the matches aren't willing to be objective about a divas match. Unless AJ is involved, then it just gets fucking creepy being that she looks like a little kid to me. As great as that dropkick was, the lack of response was equally terrible.

• Like 3

Minoru Suzuki(He has a simple style).

But has a terrible body, and is too small for the style he works if he came to the WWE. 

Ibushi is someone I can see making it as a mid-carder in the WWE.

Y'all are sleeping on Razor Ramon HG. He would definitely come out of retirement for Mr. McMahon. Did you see that video of him in the amusement park? Kids love him! I see him returning and feuding with Goldust, as he is angry that Goldust has forgotten his roots as "the Spirit of Hollywood".

rassling needs more Human Orchids, 

RAF

Even taking out the absurdity and lack of sense in these claims, I simply refuse to believe someone who wears jorts on a regular basis is a criminal genius capable of pulling off three murders and escaping undetected.

All part of his devious machinations.

Or they're trolling the shit out of all of you

It really makes me question if trolling people is worth my time.

Let us know if you do give it up. We wanna hang your number from the rafters.

uh, yeah, his number....

Even taking out the absurdity and lack of sense in these claims, I simply refuse to believe someone who wears jorts on a regular basis is a criminal genius capable of pulling off three murders and escaping undetected.

All part of his devious machinations.

Or they're trolling the shit out of all of you

It really makes me question if trolling people is worth my time.

Let us know if you do give it up. We wanna hang your number from the rafters.

uh, yeah, his number....

A hanging joke after a Benoit post. Really?

• Like 3

And I do think more are fun to watch than not.

I would rather watch Diva matches than CM Punk matches. I find that I tend to fast forward through the middle of his matches and get to the finish, but watch then immediately rewind and rewatch the ladies.

I think Punk suffers from getting too much air time. I get that they wanted desperately to make him a top tier guy because he carters to a section of the fan base that refuses to shut the fuck up about what they don't like. But for most of us.. He is terrible at trying to keep people's attention. That's including the guys who are willing to go down on him.

Can we ever get to a point where these women's actually skills are presented and not their backsides and titties?

Aren't you the guy who posted yesterday in the NXT thread

Personal preference. I know I wouldn't think twice. Emma is cool though. Not saying she is ugly or anything. Rather have her titties than the other girls. 
  • Like 5

I hate to say it, but I was thinking the same thing about Punk.  I made a rare trip out of my way to watch WWE since I heard that the SD main was really good.  As soon as Punk was there, I'm thinking "man, I liked this better when it was just the Rhodes boys".  Thing is, I typically consider myself a Punk fan, but at this point, he almost seems like a parody of himself.

I remember back in 2007 arguing with someone who claimed Benoit had been framed by Kevin Sullivan.

I pointed out that the neighbor had went on record about seeing Benoit on Saturday when he took out the garbage and they'd had a weird, short conversion where he continually assured her everything was fine and rushed back in. Pretty strong admission of guilt there.

Guy then claimed he'd acted like that because a sniper, hired by Sullivan, was aiming right at him.

Am I the only one who wants to see Emma brought up playing her current character and have her feud with AJ based on AJ complaining that Emma's goofiness devalues the Diva division?

Most of the time that I watch NXT, it involves someone posting in the NXT thread about Emma having a fun match or segment and me seeking it out.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who wants to see Emma brought up playing her current character and have her feud with AJ based on AJ complaining that Emma's goofiness devalues the Diva division?

Most of the time that I watch NXT, it involves someone posting in the NXT thread about Emma having a fun match or segment and me seeking it out.

Emma is SO good. She's in a really great spot, too. She can have a good serious match -- her and Paige brought the house down in the NXT tournament. But she's also a terrific comedy worker. Her and Santino vs. Summer Rae and Santino was one of the best comedy matches in years. I'd have absolutely no problem putting it on a Best Match of The Year list.

Emma is SO good. She's in a really great spot, too. She can have a good serious match -- her and Paige brought the house down in the NXT tournament. But she's also a terrific comedy worker. Her and Santino vs. Summer Rae and Santino was one of the best comedy matches in years.

I'd really like to see that match...

• Like 1