DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

I was mainly just taking the piss (b/c this is a dumb discussion, IMO) because in 5 or 6 years, I would be willing to bet money that David Benoit will be in WWE's developmental system, albeit under a different, shittier name. Sure, a skanky website like TMZ would probably latch onto the story, but after a day, it'd be forgotten. Because he's not going to debut with the Benoit name, and I guarantee they won't directly reference him being related to Chris, if at all. It's been almost 7 years, and they're slowly starting to put him back into their history, just not advertising him as an integral part of it. Who's to say in another 7 years that circumstances will change and he'll be quietly signed to a deal? I don't think any of us have any information that the other doesn't, so we can't really go on and on talking about how we know for a fact WWE will or won't sign David.

Point being - we need to talk more about JoJo in that match on RAW, guys. DA FUTURE.

• Like 1

I'd like to see him given a Sherlock Holmes gimmick as he attempts to wander backstage at WWE events and solve the Curious Case of the Benoit Murders. Instead of Asian mist, he could blind people with smoke coming out his pipe, and I know I'd mark for a loaded deerstalker shot.

Bring in some guy as his Watson too.

watson2.jpg

• Like 1

If there was a tournament pitting all wrestlers who wrestled in bare feet against each other, who would emerge victorious?

As an aside, thinking about this has made realize I want to see a Necro Butcher v. Kamala match, and also it would have been awesome if Gary Hart had managed Necro in Texas in the 80s.

• Like 1

Why would WWE want to sign him, assuming they weren't going to acknowledge his dad in any way?

OK, he's a decent height, but so are a lot of people. We don't know if he's a good wrestler and he doesn't have the look Vince tends to like.

Unless the guy is the most amazing wrestler ever and has Dwayne Johnson-levels of charisma, I'm not sure why it would be worth the hassle to sign him.

I wasn't aware you could read the future. Who knows what kind of wrestler David Benoit will be in a few years or longer? Who are you to say they wouldn't sign him because of his last name and a man he apparently didn't have much to do with to start? This is all kind of presumptuous, that's been my point this entire time.

I wasn't aware you could read the future. Who knows what kind of wrestler David Benoit will be in a few years or longer? Who are you to say they wouldn't sign him because of his last name and a man he apparently didn't have much to do with to start? This is all kind of presumptuous, that's been my point this entire time.

Saying they'd be reluctant to sign him because of his last name is not some weird, far-fetched theory, that's the truth. WWE has went to huge lengths to dis-associate themselves with Benoit and act like he never existed, to the point of absurdity.

So why would they then turn around and sign the one big reminder of who Benoit was?

Unless, as noted, David was so astronomically talented Vince was willing to overlook it for the sake of making millions. I'm not saying he won't be. But it's a long shot.

I still say they would have saved his entire run if they had just called him The Prince of Perfection.

For fuck's sake, has playing up the penis a wrestler came out EVER gotten someone over? Really. There's at least a two dozen people (or at least feelsz like it) on the roster that came from "Hall of Famers" and who can honestly say they give a fuck about any of them just because Daddy was worth a shit? Goldust is legit good and should be cared about but they don't go around saying "Hey! There's Dusty Rhodes' baby boy!"  This rant isn't directed at you, btw.

Gawd, if this stupid idea that you NEEEEDDDD to hire someone because of Daddy, then fuck it. There has been more failures than not because of nepotism in wrestling.

• Like 1

It sometimes seems like there's a lot of misplaced guilt on the part of wrestling fans who liked Chris Benoit, like it's their fault that he pushed himself to the breaking point the way he did.  I'm hardly one to psychoanalyze anyone and I've got my own mental baggage like anyone else...just throwing it out there.

• Like 1

Has David Benoit ever said he wanted to work for the WWE? Do we have any reason to believe he won't turn out to be David Flair levels of awful? Does anybody REALLY give a shit either way, or is everyone really that fucking bored because nothing else is going on right now?