DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

If Ricky Steamboat had wrestled under his real name, The Circumcision would have been the perfect name for his finisher.

I want Ben or Gregg or someone to come in and write an essay about how Steamboat changed his fate of being the biggest heel of the last quarter of the 20th century when he chose the name Steamboat instead, thus channeling the greatest hero of the first half of the 20th century, Mickey Mouse.

• Like 1

If Ricky Steamboat had wrestled under his real name, The Circumcision would have been the perfect name for his finisher.

I want Ben or Gregg or someone to come in and write an essay about how Steamboat changed his fate of being the biggest heel of the last quarter of the 20th century when he chose the name Steamboat instead, thus channeling the greatest hero of the first half of the 20th century, Mickey Mouse.
I guess that's better than " Hey kid, Blood's a heel name. You look like Sam Steamboat, now you're his nephew."

Just finished the 50 Years of WWE. That is one awkwardly put together piece. The pre-expansion stuff is really good (including a trip to Larry Land), but then the narrative definitely gets wonky. Extraordinarily odd segment on Owen's death. Not that he doesn't deserve more exposure and honors, but his death is almost framed as being the "end of the Attitude Era," which definitely isn't the case.

Only if Gregg's essay somehow ties into a girl that broke his heart in college.

Randomish idea: Have a match with at least one wrestler from every Wrestlemania at Wrestlemania 30.

Here's the best short list I could figure out for people who could be in this match (not counting dark matches)

Piper (1,2,3,6,8,12,25)

Valentine (1,2,3,4,5,7)

Rikishi (9,13,16,20)

Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V/etc (10,16)

Billy Gunn (11,14,15,18)

Road Dogg (14,15,16)

Bradshaw (14,17,20,21,22,24,25)

Booker T (18,19,20,22,23,28)

Santino (26,27,28)

It's kinda hard to find a good nominee from 29 unless we're putting Fandango or Jericho in this match

And yes, this list is a lot shorter if this match was used for an Undertaker cameo to keep his streak alive (like if it were a super-quick comedy Rumble where Taker enters last to eliminate 2 guys and take the win).

So if it's not a battle royal, how about a clusterfuck tag match: Rikishi/New Age Outlaws/Booker T/Santino v. Piper/Valentine/Viscera/Bradshaw/Fandango. Have as many quick spots as possible (Piper/Rikishi, Piper tags out to Viscera, Viscera/Rikishi collision spots, Road Dogg does the punch spot to Greg Valentine and Valentine flops down face forward in response), and try to wrap it up in like 4 minutes as kind of a comedy match (Bradshaw or Fandango jobs to the Cobra, probably). I really wanted Piper on the face side, but I didn't think switching Booker to the heel team was as good of an udea

Just an idea if they still do some sort of comedy matchup for these things

Going back a few pages, always thought this was an all time great heel promo and the music fakeout was fantastic.

http://youtu.be/k6vASwhleU4

It fucked up the entire pay per view with people waiting for something that was not going to happen. It borders on false advertising. 

And the biggest problem is it puts all the heat on the company and not the wrestler. Because everybody know CM Punk, Edge or Shawn Michaels did not come up with that. 

They also did it during the Santino/Austin feud. When Austin actually did appear, nobody bought it. 

Fantasy book tizzime!

WWE King of Trios

16 Teams! 48 Wrestlers! 3 Great Nights of Wrestling!

The Shield! Roman Reigns/ Dean Ambrose/ Seth Rollins
The Wyatt Family! Bray Wyatt/ Erick Rowan/ Luke Harper
The Authority! HHH/ Kane/ Orton
3 Man Band! Heath Slater/ Jinder Mahal/ Drew McIntyre
El Matadors! Fernando/ Diego/ Torito
Team Heyman! Brock Lesnar/ Ryback/ Curtis Axel
Real Americans! Antonio Cesaro/ Jack Swagger/ DUTCH
Team Rhodes! Golddust/ Cody Rhodes/ Dusty Rhodes
Jimmy & Jey Uso and Kofi Kingston
Prime Time Players & Xavier Woods
Team Fuck Yo' Life! Big E Langston/ Mark Henry/ Ezekial Jackson (why not?)
The Elitist Fucks! Alberto del Rio/ Damien Sandow/ Fandango
The Invisible Men*! Sin Cara/ Evan Bourne/ The Rock
The Rated C Entourage! Zack Ryder/ Curt Hawkins/ Christian
Team Internet A'splode! CM Punk/ Daniel Bryan/ William Regal
The Giant Funkadactyls! Brodus Clay/ Tensai/ Big Show

*Team that faces the Invisible Men in Round 1 would get an automatic bye into Round 2.

Rey de Voladores!
Yoshi Tatsu vs. Rey Misterio vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Tyson Kidd

Rey de Voladores!
RVD vs. Dolph Ziggler (who declares that, when he wins, he will rename it "King of the Flippies") vs. *not* El Generico vs. *not* Samuray del Sol

John Cena to defend title all three nights!
vs. Willie P. Richardson
vs. Kevin Steen
vs. Michael Elgin

Plus ... OTHER THINGS!

• Like 1

Anyone know what Smart Mark Video may be doing for "Black Friday?"  I have some collection holes to ... plug.

SMV is doing save 30% off $50.00 or more until 11/29

Thank you!  That's a perfect deal for my needs!

They might have dropped the "Bryan has been kidnapped angle"... 

"WWE.com sources and eyewitnesses said that after The Wyatt Family hauled Bryan off, they unceremoniously threw him out into the Nassau Coliseum parking lot."

I will put this here too (I also put it in the RAW thread)

--In the weekly HHH interview with Michael Cole, he clarifies that the 12/15 Randy Orton vs. John Cena main event is a title unification match and the company's goal is to have only one champion.  He said there is no more need to have two champions.

• Like 1