DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

All these videos with Batista's theme song makes me sad that we haven't seen the HHH or Randy Orton in the ring talking about how no one can stop them, and then have a famous theme song play while they stooge around and act shocked....before they laugh because they just trolled the shit out of everyone. The last time I remember the theme song fake out was HBK doing it with Bret Hart's theme in Canada.

It is a terrible idea and has never worked. I can't think of a single time it did not kill a crowd.

SES-era Punk teasing Austin's music?

Unless Austin came out a minute later and stunnered everyone, it sucked. It borders on false advertising.

I don't know what would possess them to do that to their paying customers.

To laugh at the crowd reacting how they want them to?

All these videos with Batista's theme song makes me sad that we haven't seen the HHH or Randy Orton in the ring talking about how no one can stop them, and then have a famous theme song play while they stooge around and act shocked....before they laugh because they just trolled the shit out of everyone. The last time I remember the theme song fake out was HBK doing it with Bret Hart's theme in Canada.

It is a terrible idea and has never worked. I can't think of a single time it did not kill a crowd.

SES-era Punk teasing Austin's music?

Unless Austin came out a minute later and stunnered everyone, it sucked. It borders on false advertising. 

I don't know what would possess them to do that to their paying customers.

Translation: It didn't kill the crowd, so let's move the goalposts again so I can get into my "Stuff I don't like is awful and ultimately leads to the end of everything, and no matter how many times I am wrong about this, I'll keep using WCW as the proof that I'm right regardless of how apt an analogy it is (or generally isn't)" groove.

• Like 2

I have not seen that shit in years and I will guarantee you it killed the crowd, because whoever faced Punk was not Steve Austin.

Or how bout the fact Smackdown tapings do not sell like they use to. Could it be playing bait and switch with your paying customers is a bad idea?

I don't think SES-era Punk teasing Steve Austin's music has anything to do with Smackdown tapings not selling like they once did. Like, at all. It's all about how WWE treats that brand, and it's a clear cut "B" show in their eyes, so the fans see it that way too. Even during the Smackdown Six and Lesnar's reign, it was always treated like the "B" show. And it always will be, unless it gets renamed to RAW by some miracle.

Personally, I don't have a problem with a heel using a face's music like that (Edge - Hardy, HBK - Bret, Punk - Austin). It's what a heel is supposed to do. I'll admit, though, it does make the fan want to see the heel get his comeuppance, and more often than not, it never happens.

I'm a bit late to the party on the whole Miz as champion debate, but I wanted to add a personal story as to why Miz winning the title will always stand out for me.

My brother, who was a poster on this board (SgtPepper9876), was intensely anti-Miz. Couldn't stand him I always told him to get used to used to him, because I had a feeling he'd be around awhile, and I was certain that at some point he'd win the WWE championship. This idea was insane to my brother.......he just thought the idea was ludicrous. We would constantly debate it.....more just brothers goofing off and having fun than anything, but also me believing it and him really not being a Miz fan.

My brother passed away on November 17th, 2010. His funeral was Monday November 22nd, 2010. I came home that day from the funeral and sat down and watched Raw on the DVR.......I needed to get my mind somewhere else and we both watched Raw religiously on Mondays, so it was a decent way to cope.

Well, of course, Monday 11-22-10 was the night Miz won the WWE championship......the night of my brother's funeral....my brother who swore it would never happen. I remember distinctly laughing out loud, saying out loud "Well I'll be goddamned", and then having a decent cry while smiling at the same time.

Looking back it's a very surreal and vivid memory.

Aw damn.

The best music fake-out (though it supports Vic's point) was during the ROH Summer of Punk, he faked returns from Low-Ki, Bryan Danielson, and the Briscoes. Before revealing Jay Lethal. There was an audible groan.

How about at The Homecoming when we thought we were getting faked out again and Christopher Daniels did return?

I'll totally watch this.

Please tell me this is real. I'd be fucking glued to this.

It apparently is real, though from what I've read, Hart doesn't have a distributor.  So it'll probably end up on his website or Youtube or something.  Apparently, they've filmed eight episodes. 

Also, from looking at Teddy's website, I just learned he has a cat that can hit a moonsault.  Maybe the cat should get a reality show.

I'll totally watch this.

Please tell me this is real. I'd be fucking glued to this.

It apparently is real, though from what I've read, Hart doesn't have a distributor.  So it'll probably end up on his website or Youtube or something.  Apparently, they've filmed eight episodes. 

Also, from looking at Teddy's website, I just learned he has a cat that can hit a moonsault.  Maybe the cat should get a reality show.

Or beat the Big Show. Unless he pulls off a moonsault AND a missile dropkick tonight. Ability to hit a moonsault > inability to hit a moonsault.

But for real though, that show needs to air on MTV or something. And quickly too.

Skimming RSPW awards voting results, and from the rejected votes pile: Most Disappointing News item, 2003: "Death of Animal (didn't happen yet as far as I know - ed.)"

Although it took them until 2000 to start rejecting votes of "Kurt Angle" for "Best Angle"". Fortunately the end of 400+ voter RSPW awards probably cut down on people making intentionally rejected votes