DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

Just re-watched Rumble 2004, 2 things sprang out at me. We basically do have Benoit in 2013, he just looks smaller and has a beard. I guarantee if Benoit didn't do what he did, he'd be doing all that Bryan's done, awkward hug it out with Kane, AJ as his crazy gf, the works. Ironically he could have done with a real life Dr Shelby.

Also JR and Tazz were on commentary, JR is actually so good, like it's been so long I forgot? Tazz was good too, you know what with actually calling the names of moves, he even specified what sort of suplex was being thrown instead of everything just being "modified". 

Whether he cracked or not, Benoit was on his last legs. I remember watching his last match and thinking he looked like he was done. I didn't think he was going to kill his family, but he did not look like he had another two years left as an active wrestler. 

Alright I'm watching that Tombstone video, and I notice at the 1:01 Undertaker is seen Tombstoning a jobber while still wearing his entrance attire(I assume the jobber stupidly tried to get the better of Taker before the bell). Does anyone know when, and where that match took place?

Two or three after is Demento at the first Monday Night Raw I think, so that could place it between Oct 1992 and Dec 1992 I'd say. if TSteck's dailymotion account didn't get nuked you could find it pretty easily. 

Superstars: 12/12/92 - The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer) pinned Barry Horowitz at 1:29 with a chokeslam is not it.

Challenge: 12/20/92 - The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer) pinned Duane Gill with the tombstone at 1:52 is not it.

Let me go back a bit. He didn't have a ton of matches at the end of the year.

Boom:

Superstars:
Taped 9/21/92; Winnipeg, Manitoba; Arena
10/24/92:
The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer) pinned Jason Helton at the 41-second mark with the tombstone; Taker kept his coat on for the duration of the match and placed Helton in a bodybag
  • Like 3

Just re-watched Rumble 2004, 2 things sprang out at me. We basically do have Benoit in 2013, he just looks smaller and has a beard. I guarantee if Benoit didn't do what he did, he'd be doing all that Bryan's done, awkward hug it out with Kane, AJ as his crazy gf, the works. Ironically he could have done with a real life Dr Shelby.

Also JR and Tazz were on commentary, JR is actually so good, like it's been so long I forgot? Tazz was good too, you know what with actually calling the names of moves, he even specified what sort of suplex was being thrown instead of everything just being "modified". 

Whether he cracked or not, Benoit was on his last legs. I remember watching his last match and thinking he looked like he was done. I didn't think he was going to kill his family, but he did not look like he had another two years left as an active wrestler. 

I thought the feud with MVP was going to basically be his swan song as a big-time guy before he transitioned to ECW and then to a trainer role. He'd put over a guy he respected, go to ECW and be their "name" guy that could be counted on for good matches and eventually put over new guys (basically what Christian did) and then fade away.

I fully expect Davey Richards to be amazing in NXT and the WWE.

Man, I hope so. If only to see the reactions of the over-the-top Davey Richards haters on this board--especially the guy with the "Davey Richards inside a steel Davey Richards" gimmick.

Yeah. That dude is an asshole. Fuck whoever said that.
  • Like 17

the worst possible leadups to Ryback/Goldberg: Goldberg returns to the WWE, only to be mercilessly bullied by Ryback. Goldberg leaves the WWE for a few weeks, only to be motivated by John Cena to be a star, leading to his comeback to the ring

Goldberg returns to the WWE.  HHH asks Goldberg to take Ryback under his wing and toughen him up.  Ryback disappears.  Encouraged by John Cena, Ryback returns to face Goldberg at Wrestlemania.