DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

Fuck all of you, Mason Ryan is amazing on NXT.

I'm attempting to catch up on NXT so for now I will take your word that he has improved. Still, I don't understand this idea that Davey can't be controlled. We've never seen him in a situation where he's the underdog and told to do shit differently. If he pulls a Hero (has that been confirmed?) he'll be gone just like Hero.. 

If he pulls a Hero (has that been confirmed?) he'll be gone just like Hero.. 

From a recent Hero interview he pretty much confirmed the dieting problem rumors.

"I would say that the issue was less conditioning and more of an overall look. Anybody that has ever known me or been in the ring with me knows that I can wrestle all day and all night long. I don’t get tired, that’s not the issue. It’s more of a cosmetic issue and my body type is different," Hero said. 

"I have gone from no muscle tone whatsoever to plumping up to three hundred pounds to cutting that off and becoming more toned and then cutting as much body fat as possible, so I have had my fluctuations and I’ve switched things around so I think that was more of a cosmetic look and my coaches or the powers-that-be were all very supportive."

So long as I don't do a ballot next year, I'll be ok. I was on top of the leaderboard for way too long this year and obviously I had to put winning an imaginary internet competition with no prize or stakes over basic concepts of civility.

And at the end, some other asshole went and ganked the top spot from you...

I fully expect Davey Richards to be amazing in NXT and the WWE. 

Man, I hope so. If only to see the reactions of the over-the-top Davey Richards haters on this board--especially the guy with the "Davey Richards inside a steel Davey Richards" gimmick.

I've seen Richards wrestle in person a few times. He was athletic and entertaining. He'll do fine.

So long as I don't do a ballot next year, I'll be ok. I was on top of the leaderboard for way too long this year and obviously I had to put winning an imaginary internet competition with no prize or stakes over basic concepts of civility.

And at the end, some other asshole went and ganked the top spot from you...

Yes. I fully got my comeuppance. 

As for Richards. If he does settle down and do well in the WWE, great. Good wrestling is good wrestling. I like Rollins in his role better than I thought I would because he's grown into it. People here are always open to reevaluating a wrestler when he's further along in his career. I'll believe it when I see it though.

I fully expect Davey Richards to be amazing in NXT and the WWE. 

Man, I hope so. If only to see the reactions of the over-the-top Davey Richards haters on this board--especially the guy with the "Davey Richards inside a steel Davey Richards" gimmick.

I've seen Richards wrestle in person a few times. He was athletic and entertaining. He'll do fine.

Come 2018 we will all complain about his botched push to main event.

• Like 2

If he pulls a Hero (has that been confirmed?) he'll be gone just like Hero.. 

From a recent Hero interview he pretty much confirmed the dieting problem rumors.

"I would say that the issue was less conditioning and more of an overall look. Anybody that has ever known me or been in the ring with me knows that I can wrestle all day and all night long. I don’t get tired, that’s not the issue. It’s more of a cosmetic issue and my body type is different," Hero said. 

"I have gone from no muscle tone whatsoever to plumping up to three hundred pounds to cutting that off and becoming more toned and then cutting as much body fat as possible, so I have had my fluctuations and I’ve switched things around so I think that was more of a cosmetic look and my coaches or the powers-that-be were all very supportive."

Punk went through a period in OVW where he was a little "puffier" than he is now while he was trying to put on some muscle. It's crazy, crazy hard to put on muscle while keeping bodyfat low.

Did Hero just have a gut? I can understand why WWE wants their performers to look good without shirts, but now that I'm thinking about it, Hero was a pudgy kid and lost a lot of weight, right? Speaking from experience, when you lose a lot of weight, some of that stomach skin sticks around and makes it impossible to get the look you want without plastic surgery.

If he's been at 300, can he go up to 350+ and be an awesome fat guy?

This made my day, especially the first minute or so where he was tombstoning fools to "In the Hall of the Mountain King," which should be the official music for finisher montages from here on forward. 

Looking forward to seeing how the American Pitbulls turn out in NXT/WWE.

I don't know why you all would want Scarlett signed. They'd call her up and then Eva Marie would tell her that they look too much alike and she'd have to dye her hair blonde.

I would totes fap to New Scarlet Beaudreaux aka Blondie McGee.

that would be Old Scarlet

39722_421048567281_6765377_n.jpg?lvh=1

or current Scarlet in wig

1422388_687533341259743_1875552959_n.jpg

Like I said ... Totes.  Fap.  Punchin' dat munchkin!

If he's been at 300, can he go up to 350+ and be an awesome fat guy?

Only with a missle dropkick, and a better-than-decent one at that ...

Just re-watched Rumble 2004, 2 things sprang out at me. We basically do have Benoit in 2013, he just looks smaller and has a beard. I guarantee if Benoit didn't do what he did, he'd be doing all that Bryan's done, awkward hug it out with Kane, AJ as his crazy gf, the works. Ironically he could have done with a real life Dr Shelby.

Also JR and Tazz were on commentary, JR is actually so good, like it's been so long I forgot? Tazz was good too, you know what with actually calling the names of moves, he even specified what sort of suplex was being thrown instead of everything just being "modified". 

Alright I'm watching that Tombstone video, and I noticed at the 1:01 Undertaker is seen Tombstoning a jobber while still wearing his entrance attire(I assume the jobber stupidly tried to get the better of Taker before the bell). Does anyone know when, and where that match took place?