DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

I fully expect Davey Richards to be amazing in NXT and the WWE. 

I suspect many of us will like WWE Davey alot more than we like indy Davey.  If anyone could ever benefit from being handcuffed, it's him.

At worst, he turns out like Kurt Angle circa-2005 in the ring, which will get over with the crowd. There are worse fates and worse wrestlers. 

I fully expect Davey Richards to be amazing in NXT and the WWE.

I suspect many of us will like WWE Davey alot more than we like indy Davey. If anyone could ever benefit from being handcuffed, it's him.

I agree. Davey has moments where I really like him. Especially when he's teaming with Eddie. And WWE isn't gonna let him do the shit that drives me crazy.

Didn't Jamie Knoble and Kid Kash have a similar name/gimmick?  I can see them ending up like those guys or Furnas/Kroffat where they've got good in-ring skills but lack the personalities or other standout characteristics that keep them from getting over.

Looking forward to seeing how the American Pitbulls turn out in NXT/WWE.

I don't know why you all would want Scarlett signed. They'd call her up and then Eva Marie would tell her that they look too much alike and she'd have to dye her hair blonde.

I would totes fap to New Scarlet Beaudreaux aka Blondie McGee.

that would be Old Scarlet

39722_421048567281_6765377_n.jpg?lvh=1

or current Scarlet in wig

1422388_687533341259743_1875552959_n.jpg

So, is there any other star that is completely shit out of luck on ever being back in some fashion?

Lex Luger?

Actually does some sort of work with them in regards to their rehab system.

I'd say Larry Zbyzsco.

Larry Z is on a WWE legends contract.  What about Tom Zenk?  What's the Z-Man up to these days?

His 2005 arrests were the last thing to pop up I think

mug-shot-106780571.jpg

I generally do agree that history has shown us WWE Davey Richards will probably be better than indy Davey Richards.  WWE has good, solid agents, some of whom are great. They also don't put up with much in the way of bullshit in their matches. I think WWE Seth Rollins is way better than even FCW Seth Rollins, let alone Tyler Black. 

I also think it's downright amazing that here we are in 2013 extremely glad that WWE is basically censoring these indy darlings. Can you imagine going back in time and telling that to our collective selves in 2003 or so? 

This guy was backstage at the NXT taping as well

batista.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PLEASE!

PLEASE!

COME BACK!

[immediately begins playing his theme music on his iPhone]

• Like 4

This guy was backstage at the NXT taping as well

batista.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PLEASE!

PLEASE!

COME BACK!

[immediately begins playing his theme music on his iPhone]

Please!

Davey is Davey and no amount of WWE censoring can stop him. He's like the MMA Teddy Hart. Really hoping he's going to be doing some jobs to Mason Ryan.

Then he'll end up like Kaval.

A little of this:

24.jpg

And then a trip back to the indies. They just canned Hero for not following instructions, basically. And Hero could work a style that they liked quite a bit.

Davey is Davey and no amount of WWE censoring can stop him. He's like the MMA Teddy Hart. Really hoping he's going to be doing some jobs to Mason Ryan.

See this is crazy. Mason Ryan is a terrible wrestler. He's slow, he gets in his own way, he lacks just about everything you need to get over outside of being freakishly muscular. He's not even in the same universe as Batista. Maybe one day he improves to the point where he could be tolerable but not now.

Davey is an athlete and CAN wrestle.. in that he can perform actual wrestling maneuvers without fucking them up. Do I think he'll go anywhere? I don't know but I DO know that I am more interested in what he and Eddie can do in NXT than Mason fucking Ryan.

Re: Kaval. He was doing fine. I don't know where this idea that WWE held him down is coming from. He was allowed to showcase his wrestling ability and maybe if he had stuck it out for more than a cup of coffee he would have gotten somewhere. I feel so sorry for him that he got to hangout with Laycool all the time.

• Like 3

I think the case with Kaval, is that he asked them point blank if he was going to go any higher than the spot he was in, and they told him no.  Even if that wasn't the case, it had to be disheartening.  I know in a day to day job, if the bossman tells me that I'll never have a chance to advance, I'm looking for another job.

Kaval got put into situations that were fairly against how he's always tried to present himself and he was put in those situations because A) people in creative thought it'd be entertaining and b> people in creative probably thought it'd be humbling. Guys in WWE get humbled. That's why we have the start stop pushes. That's why Dusty jobbed on his first day in the company. 

Kaval could have stuck it out and tried. He'd only been in the company for a little bit. We're no longer in 1988 when a whole year of programs and card placement are worked out. Guys can capitalize on things like injuries and the crowd responding to them. 

I don't think that WWE actively buried him or anything like that. I do think that they actively put him in situations that he didn't want to be in and that he decided he didn't want to put up with that and play by their rules and work within the system and left. If you don't work within the system, you're not going to do well in WWE. It's pretty much that simple. 

Do I want to see Davey fed to Mason Ryan? Kind of? Because his personality has come off as annoying and I think it'd drive him nuts. Plus I kind of like Mason Ryan even though he's pretty terrible. Would I rather see Mason Ryan get better? Absolutely. Would I rather see Davey Richards get better? Sure I guess. It's fun watching Bryan with Rollins given Rollins' execution is pretty good, but I don't care all that much about execution in wrestling. It's all fake and all symbolic. If Ryan still had his fairly crappy execution but worked better as a big man and had the small things (and ring presence) down better, I'd like him a whole lot more. It's just that he does the wrong things poorly. I'll take someone who does the right things poorly over someone who does the wrong things well anyday.