DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

I love the Bellas just because they do not give a shit.

Still that's fucking stupid of them to even try that now.

Why? I mean I get your side: WWE is not going to care about them any more than they do right now, but at the same time, they're attached to one of the top talents and THE guy, and they're the faces of one of the few external WWE ventures that has been at all successful. If they want some future beyond play-fighting, this is probably their best bet, and "the Bella Twins" is a better moniker, to say nothing of being better known, than "The Garcia-Collance twins".

Wait a second, that article isn't saying it's the Bellas that are opposing the trademark. It's saying it's THE MINNESOTA TWINS THE BASEBALL TEAM

I...what?

I'll leave my above post as a monument to my inattention, but surely we can agree that in this case, truth is much more fucking strange than fiction?

Nikki and Brie Bella, born Nicole and Brianna Garcia-Colace, joined the WWE in 2007. The WWE named them the Bella Twins and trademarked the name, which is a very common practice from the company.

The Twins have apparently taken offense to this trademark and have decided to oppose it. The Twins have filed for an extension in the opposition and have until Feb. 12 to make the opposition official or ask for another extension.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/21/report-minnesota-twins-opposing-wwe-trademark-for-bella-twins/

You did that on purpose, Rippa.

• Like 1

"The Twins..."

Oh... come on. It isn't written clearly... but come on.

Do not for one second pretend that a couple of wrestlers suing for trademark ownership of their ring name is a somehow a LESS obvious inference than a Major League Baseball team apparently considering same.

• Like 1

And really no one could possibly think, even with the word Minnesota in the title, that it would be the baseball team be angry about the copyright. It makes so much less sense than if it were just the Bellas.

• Like 1

I emailed the people doing the Mid-South fan fest at Mania for vendor info.

In adition to the info i wanted, i was asked if i would be interetsed in a current wrestler for my table

Along with "others," they mentioned

Elijah Burke

Angleina Love

And

CHRIS MASTERS

As matt said, i wonder he knows about the DVDVR fandom

I don't know why you all would want Scarlett signed. They'd call her up and then Eva Marie would tell her that they look too much alike and she'd have to dye her hair blonde.

I would totes fap to New Scarlet Beaudreaux aka Blondie McGee.

So, is there any other star that is completely shit out of luck on ever being back in some fashion?

Lex Luger?

Actually does some sort of work with them in regards to their rehab system.

I'd say Larry Zbyzsco.

• Like 1

So, is there any other star that is completely shit out of luck on ever being back in some fashion?

Lex Luger?

I'd say Larry Zbyzsco.

Larry Z is on a WWE legends contract.  What about Tom Zenk?  What's the Z-Man up to these days?

I don't know why you all would want Scarlett signed. They'd call her up and then Eva Marie would tell her that they look too much alike and she'd have to dye her hair blonde.

"Fap" is such a pet peeve of mine. If you're an adult, you can say "jerk off".

• Like 2

"Fap" is such a pet peeve of mine. If you're an adult, you can say "jerk off".

I bet whining about trivial stuff on the internet makes you want to fap.

• Like 3

So, is there any other star that is completely shit out of luck on ever being back in some fashion?

Lex Luger?

I'd say Larry Zbyzsco.

Larry Z is on a WWE legends contract. What about Tom Zenk? What's the Z-Man up to these days?
What's Tom Zenk up to? Probably not much.

I think it's safe to say we'll never see Dynamite Kid involved w/ WWE ever again. Even if Dynamite were to put his feelings for Vince aside, I think Chris Benoit pretty much guaranteed that WWE has nothing to do w/ Dynamite.