DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

Luger was on the nWo DVD

Thanks for the correction. I have had this in my Netflix queue for months now. I suppose I should watch it, but I actually saw all those Nitros up to mid-1997 a little while ago, so I haven't had the desire to see it again in doc form.

Magnum TA was such a prototypical babyface for that time - handsome for that day's standards, good talker. The only think keeping him from the NWA title was Dusty "grooming" him for his title run (a.k.a. holding him back while Dusty stayed at the top of the card). A long Magnum-Flair program over the title would've been big, big money. 

• Like 1

Magnum TA was such a prototypical babyface for that time - handsome for that day's standards, good talker. The only think keeping him from the NWA title was Dusty "grooming" him for his title run (a.k.a. holding him back while Dusty stayed at the top of the card). A long Magnum-Flair program over the title would've been big, big money. 

This. I grew up watching mid-80's JCP as a kid and I always bought Magnum as a top face. My great-aunt and grandmother were your typical "stunt granny" types who watched wrestling back then, hated all the heels with a passion, totally thought everything was real, etc and I don't think I've ever seen people mark harder than when we watched a VHS of Magnum beating Tully in the I Quit match. He wrestled a bunch of squash matches on regular tv but he always brought it whenever he was in longer matches with any of the Horsemen, Nikita, etc.

Scarlet Beaudreaux (... I know ...) is one of the reasons I hate what Chikara has become. Since she used to do the Throwdown Lowdown, now there's no chance to see her on the more regular. Unless I start watching ROH ... so as I said, no chance ...

When I was a kid I used to play the hell out of the Superstar Pro Wrestling game that was sold in the Apter mags.  One of my favorite storylines I ran was Mad Dog Vachon's emotional and inspiring comeback from the hit and run accident, wrestling with a prosthetic leg.  I used "If This Is It" by Huey Lewis & The News as his theme song.  He was briefly my top good guy and it all culminated with him getting a World Title Match on a major show.  He lost and then retired, saying he had proven to himself that he had that one last run.  

For all of his accomplishments in his Hall of Fame career...that is what I will most remember him for.

RIP, Mad Dog

• Like 1

So I just listened to Colt on Steve Austin's podcast and he revealed that he was headed back to Orlando for another tryout. I'm not sure when that was recorded, but I'm surprised there was no mention of that on here. Anyone know if he ever made it to that tryout?

So I just listened to Colt on Steve Austin's podcast and he revealed that he was headed back to Orlando for another tryout. I'm not sure when that was recorded, but I'm surprised there was no mention of that on here. Anyone know if he ever made it to that tryout?

Reports say he showed up yesterday to try out as an announcer.

Reports say he showed up yesterday to try out as an announcer.

Watch him get hired to replace Regal on NXT.